Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have essentially been "just another member" all this time, to the point of many of you guys probably not even noticing that I was given moderator status a while ago... however, I feel that I need to make a comment...

So, here it is: My first "Moderator" post.

I have noticed a tendency in the past few weeks for people to get into pissing matches for no reason, to partake in personal attacks for no reason, and to be generally "douche-y".

Guys, we are not a freaking rice-burner forum. We are a group of over 2000 relatively "well off" exotic car owners. We own freaking Italian cars.

Stop with the personal attacks, stop with the bitching. I dont want to see this community turn into another Honda forum, full of measuring contests and turbochargers.

Thats all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
+1

I as well am growing tired with all the Di_ks on the table posts.
I am not a VP, Big time car collector, and so on... just a Maserati lover.
The value, passion, experience matched with good conversion with others who share the same love of the marquee enhances my ownership experience. Even those who disagree add value and balance to the forum. All of these cars are different (a good thing in some cases) so each experience is unique and definitely not for some. The service manager at my local F&M dealer stated when pointing at a new F430 that had spent ½ its life in the shop “that’s just a bad one, sometimes we just get one that’s never right from the start”.

Regards,
Paul

·
Registered
695 Posts
I dont want to see this community turn into another Honda forum, full of measuring contests and turbochargers.

We can't talk about turbochargers?

I protest.

Last two issues of FORZA has featured turbo'ed cars,
My Dodge truck has a turbo Diesel
My BMW has Twin turbos
I use to own a bike with a factory turbo
Maserati has had a history of turbo'ed engines

MaseratiBoy, I revolt against your obvious anti-turbo prejudices. I shall see you in court, Sir. Good-Day.

:D

·
Registered
722 Posts
Oops, didn't mean to act boorish, just thought few coincidences with car choices etc were really odd.

Also, I have to agree with banning turbochargers. Superchargers are waaay cooler! ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd hate to see this place reduced to flames like some of the ferrari forums. They are shooting each other over Massa. It's nice here people, let's keep it that way eh?
Timely post MB.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I agree Mr. Moderator

Order in the court .. order in the court...

Actually I am new and can't say i have seem much "smallness"... so far all smart banter which i enjoy reading...

When it is all said and done..... we are all just people... and they are all just cars....

jd

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thanks for saying it . . . before I left

I'm new to this forum - picking my first Maserati up, hopefully, on Friday ! But, I must say, I was starting to get disappointed with this forum and had started to look for another. There had been some good threads on technical, history, etc., but other threads are simply not why I'm here.

I have throughly enjoyed being on Rennlist (Porsche) for the past 2 years and other than the odd "flames" here and there, the forum is generally a great bunch and provide great support and advice. I have also participated in 3 adhoc road ralleys meeting allot of the guys in person.

I'm going to stay a while and hope this forum develops in a positive way. I for one, have a ton of questions to ask and am hoping some of you guys can help sort some things out.

If anyone has questions about 911's (996's), I'm no expert, but have learned allot and would be more than happy to share.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
340 Posts
No matter how wealthy or powerful you think you are, there is always someone who has 1/2 the education, 1/2 the experience, and 1/2 the common sense that you have but who is worth twice as much!

Puts things into perspective.

·
Registered
541 Posts
which Maser are you waiting on.....??
'02 Coupe CC. Found what I hope to be a nice first entry into the Mark (although I would also love to get a nice mid-80's Quattroporte) as well as a change up to the 911 - was going to keep the 911 but I couldn't justify having 4 cars when I still need to have the kitchen and kids bath redone or, was it I don't have the garage space and didn't want to leave either out during the winter -I get confused sometimes.;)

IMG_3314.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
'02 Coupe CC. Found what I hope to be a nice first entry into the Mark (although I would also love to get a nice mid-80's Quattroporte) as well as a change up to the 911 - was going to keep the 911 but I couldn't justify having 4 cars when I still need to have the kitchen and kids bath redone or, was it I don't have the garage space and didn't want to leave either out during the winter -I get confused sometimes.;)

IMG_3314.jpg

Wow - sounds very familiar... just got an 02 CC, and in the process of selling my 911 because a) the baby won't go in the back, b) hard to justify 4 cars to my wife and c) ran out of garage space! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wow - sounds very familiar... just got an 02 CC, and in the process of selling my 911 because a) the baby won't go in the back, b) hard to justify 4 cars to my wife and c) ran out of garage space! :rolleyes:
Funny. How do you like her in comparison. My expectations are as follows:

1. The Maserati is not going to have that dead on cornering/handling.
2. The Maserati will have better and more enjoyable off the line performance - I have fabspeeds on the 911 which give a definitive growl but the Italian rumble, I hope, is going to be more guttural.

3. The Maserati is definitely going to be more comfortable - driving the Porsche does require stamina - it is not a GT - and after a 2 hour drive, I can use a break - and I'm not old -yet.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i love this forum because we all love maseratis, among all the other cars we can afford.

let's just enjoy the company of people from around the world who shares this unique and exquisite taste of fine italian automobile.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm glad to see that you all agree with me on this. For a second I was a bit weary... I thought people would get angry and start yelling at me about "overstepping my bounds"... Glad to see you all want the forum to say the great thing it is right now!

Cheers.

PS- Brian, I'm on to you and your revolution. You will be squished.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ramp.... needs a kitchen....hmmm

park the new maser IN the kitchen... solves problem of needing a kitchen.. and it is good for the car.... eat takeout IN the car ?

(just brainstorming....)

not sure if the Mrs will approve....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Funny. How do you like her in comparison. My expectations are as follows:

1. The Maserati is not going to have that dead on cornering/handling.
2. The Maserati will have better and more enjoyable off the line performance - I have fabspeeds on the 911 which give a definitive growl but the Italian rumble, I hope, is going to be more guttural.

3. The Maserati is definitely going to be more comfortable - driving the Porsche does require stamina - it is not a GT - and after a 2 hour drive, I can use a break - and I'm not old -yet.

I agree. Its a very different experience driving the two of them, but I've really enjoyed both. The Porsche if definitely lighter, more nimble through corners - but the Maserati is a GT car, and isn't supposed to be quite the same in the corners. The Mas is without question more comfortable, and just has more raw power - It just feels different off the line to me, even at slow speeds - you can feel the power. And I do like the rumble, and I'm considering changing the exhaust to get even more of that.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To be honest, I have driven a C2S before, and I think that with the springs from FD, the handling is comperable, if not a TAD better.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The Mas handling in the corners isn't bad, its just a different... feeling from the Porsche. But I haven't tried the FD springs yet, and I am definitely thinking about those, too.

In fairness, I've also had the Mas for a month, and I've owned 911s for at least a decade. So I expect that my familiarity and comfort level with the Mas and how it handles in corners will increase with time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts