Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first I lose a water outlet on the driver side head a few weeks back...

So yesterday I take my car to the cars and coffee and hang out with the Ferrari guys and another gent who had an original 1972 Maserati Bora in perfect condition.. Anyway there were the normal smattering of porsches, a couple of Audi RS 8's and an Audi R8, among many other nice cars.

Anyway on the way home the car is running like a champ, the gas tank for the first time in it's life is below half full and wow without the weight this baby is just a lot more peppy..

So I take out of the intersection at Highway 52 and 287 heading east bound to I-25, get rubber through the intersection, 2nd gear bark, 3rd gear chirp, smile on my face a mile wide!!

Today I back out of the garage, going to wash it down, vacuum, check fluids, and put it up for the week, and low and behold the right rear is flat... I take it off, take it over to Tire's plus and ask if they can fix it..

So they put air in it, put it down in the tub and guess what, it's leaking on the inside of the rim, the rim has a stress fracture... So my hot rodding yesterday may have been a bit too much I guess. I didn't hit anything, no rash on the wheel anywhere, tire is perfect, just a hairline crack on the inside of the rim..

Anyway, I am looking for new rims... What do you guys like on your cars? Mine is the 2002 coupe, Grigio Alfieri...

Jeff/Ali... What kind of deal can I get on rims???

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Oh man, sorry to hear about the many problems!

Re Rims, I am negotiating with Dymag to get a set of their lightweight carbon magnesium wheels. About $4k and weigh about 7kgs each, though they are quite delicate, so to say.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it's really not that bad...

I mean two problems in two years, is really nothing but it's been so trouble free up until now.. I think I am going to talk to Jeff @ formula dynamics about the Iforged Classic Rims in 18'' and see what he can do... I like those, just classic rims, easy, simple, nice...

·
Registered
518 Posts
I had a set of Work VSXX made for my 05 coupe I can provide you all of the specs and offsets if you want them they would be applicable to any work or jline wheel you would want. Here is my set dont have a good full shot of the car with them on currently though.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Head - the rims look gorgeous with the gold centers against the blue. One question....it looks like the edge/lip extends far beyond the sidewall. Could you have gone with wider tires?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Head - the rims look gorgeous with the gold centers against the blue. One question....it looks like the edge/lip extends far beyond the sidewall. Could you have gone with wider tires?
That shot was last year I had to get tires on it for a road rally (that shot was taken at the finish) so yes I snagged a set of 265s from my friend and streched the shit out of them so I could run in the rally. The car is now running a 295 in the back which fits perfectly

·
Registered
286 Posts
Oh man, sorry to hear about the many problems!

Re Rims, I am negotiating with Dymag to get a set of their lightweight carbon magnesium wheels. About $4k and weigh about 7kgs each, though they are quite delicate, so to say.
for the track or for everyday? i was considering those as well but too much trouble with inspecting them for cracks all the time. good luck let me know how they work.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
free wheel...

so while looking for wheels i received an email
from a buddy on thescuderia.net and I explained
what happened.. Anyway he is sending me a brand
new wheel for free and he wants my old one back
to see the crack... So my new OEM wheel arrives
here monday according to UPS...
Talk about good luck...

With the extra its time for a new formula dynamics drive by wire!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.