Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When visiting the local maserati dealership when I we were talking about the GT production ending, the sales rep. Told me about a new maserati, dubbed the "mclaren killer" would be based on a alfa Romeo 4c Chasis and would most likely be midengined. It would use a ferrari F154 engine producing over 700 hp, the ferrari/maserati engine deal has not been finalized and the engine is used in other maseratis. This is not the rumored alfieri but most likely a new bora, it has been in the concept phase and has not passed it since now. I will love to test drive this car when it comes out in the later half of the year. Maserati is planning to release a new model every 6 months till 2022.

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
978 Posts
If true and real and not just concept or rumors then this could be great!

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
978 Posts
Cleaning those wheels though........:mad:

·
Registered
640 Posts
i had heard some rumblings about the bora name being reacquired from VW.
But, if a new mid-engined car gets a six, then Merak would be a more appropriate name. Perhaps they intend to re-introduce both a Bora and a Merak? ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm curiouts what the price tag will be.. 2 seater competitive car is going to be in silly range.. although if they stick near the SF90, not horrible. Still.. a Maclaren GT would be cheaper. If they truly go after McLaren, it would have to be in Power/Price/Amenities.. very curious to see how this plays. Plus a new GT!! I'm on a lease until 2023, so very anxious to see the new models role sooner rather than later so I can start planning ahead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts