Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new (and very happy) 02 Cambio Coupe owner and as I drive around, I'm coming up with questions. Searching this forum addressed my worry about my oil pressure gauge being pinned at the max of 70 during all ordinary driving, apparantly that's "normal." But here's what may be a stupid question that I couldn't find answered. My car beeps repeatedly whenever the driver's door is ajar, even without the key in the ignition and nothing obvious is left on or running. Is this also "normal"?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
If you have the headlamp switch in "automatic" - you will get this beep...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the exact same problem. The ignition switch was defective and had to be replaced. I was told by the dealer that they had to do a number of these replacements. It is only supposed to beep when the key is left in the car, however with the defective iginition switch it beeps whether or not the key is left in the car and the door is open. Since they had to replace the entire ignition switch/lock they also had to replace all of the locks in the car so that a single key could be used. Fortunately it was all under warrarty.

I don't know if it will work for you, but to test it when I opened the door and it started beeping I tapped the ignition switch with my figure before putting in the key and it would stop. However, it couldn't be fixed without complete replacement.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I think BrianS hit the nail on the head. I tried jiggling the ignition switch with the key out and the beeping stopped. Jiggled again, and it started. I'm under warranty until November so I guess it that respect I'm lucky, Looks like it tme to call the dealer...

Thanks, Rick and Brian.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts