Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have been reading these forums for several days, and am very apprecaitive of all the time and effort put in by all of you provide tons of information about your maintenance and servicing expereince with your Maseratis. I have been looking for an 06 gransport with low miles, and am close to pulling the trigger on one, but am just turned off by what Maserati dealers charge for routine maintenance which seems to run on average, from all of the posts I have seen, about $2,500 per year. I have been talking to the salesman who has advised that in his shop they have Bosch authorized Maserati techs who service the vehicles for a fraction of the cost that the sealer charges, which would save me at least 30 percent a year by his estimates. For example, he stated that an oil change ($375 at the dealer) is less than $200, a savings of almost 50%, and important to someone like me who has the disposable incokme to purchase the car, but doesn ot like teh unpredictably and pinch of high service costs.

Unfortunately, he is in Pennsylvania, and although he looked, he was not able to locate anyone specializing in servicing mas/ferrari in the Long Island/NY area, other than the local dealer, which is prohibitively expensive. If there are any of you that live in this area, that are aware of any such qualfied mechanics/techs in the area, and could make a recommendation, that would be much appreciated.

Sorry for the long e-mail, and thanks for all your time and assistance in advance. Regards,

David

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have an '05 Gransport and have used FM-LI, but for warranty items only, so I can't comment on the price there (I've put 2K miles since I bought car in August, so no oil changes yet). Good marks on the service, with exception that they carelessly left ink and grease marks on the beige leather.

Let me know if you get the car, would be good to connect. There are a couple other Coupe and GS owners in my area (St James), but everyone's elusive. On weekends I make runs at dawn to Robert Moses, there's a meet (mostly new American muscle but also a Lambo, a GT40 and Porsches) at Captree Sunday mornings. The Corvette attitude is pretty lame, but......

·
Registered
478 Posts
By the way Dave, driving this car is an extrasensory experience, an absolute hoot and puts a ceaseless grin on your face. I don't think I would drive anything else.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Service

Hey I got my car from WWOC in Spring Valley. I have goten the car serviced there and my oil change was a few hundred but with these cars it's better to have a dealer do it for many reasons. If you have issues with something when they see you are a client they will bend the law lets say at times to help you out. Hey one hand washes the other. Some things are covered and some things are not like weare and teare. But most good service places will work with you they can always cut a few bucks off the bill one way or the other. Just had an issue like this with Mercedes I brought my truck in for oil and brakes the roters needed to be replaced to! Needless to say I was pissed 35K and new roters come on but I was told it was a issues with the ML but what did the service head do but take the oil change off the bill just charged me for the breakes! So I mean sometimes you pay more but at times the dealers are not truly out to rob you!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all and thanks for your input and responses. Really appreciated. By the way I live in western nassau county- Lynbrook area, and if I get one, I would love to meet up with anyone interested. That would be a real privilege for me.

Do any of you think it has any impact on the quaity of service whther I bought the car from FM-LI? The one I am close to buying is out of state (Pennsylvania). I went to FM-LI, and they did not want to budge price wise on an 06, so I walked, given all the research I have done on the GranSport. I could see them bending over backward for a client that purchased their car there, but maybe not for someone who didn't. Again, your thoughts are greatly appreciated. Regards

David

·
Registered
478 Posts
Before buying I drove a couple of Maseratis, one at FM-LI and another private sale. Didn't quite like the private sale car (and the Sales Manager at FM-LI said he knew the car and wouldn't sell it for the owner). Sales Manager also told me that he was asking other GS owners who were waiting for their F430s to turn their GS in early, as he had a waitlist for Gransports. In any case, I liked the dealer's only GS, and hesitated and lost, but he was willing to flex on price.

I ended up buying an 05 GS from FM Silicon Valley (the car I actually wanted). It was a lengthy process but managed extremely well on their end. It cost me $2K to ship the car to New York, but I have not one regret other than that I was in Portugal at the time and unable to recieve it myself.

I have had a few service items (minor and major) handled under warranty to my satisfaction, with no questions whatsoever about where my car was from. Under warranty means under warranty. I would recommend talking to Vinny (yes, non-NYers) the service manager about how they handle cars not bought from that dealer. It's worth a call and a brief interview. I can give you a few more data points, send me a PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts