Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2006 coupe CC. It is beautiful. Don't get me wrong I love a little rumble, but this car will let people know I am comming way before I am seen. Is this normal?

Thanks

AJ

·
Registered
513 Posts
It sounds like Versace, but looks like an Armani.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I don't find the stock exhaust to be all that loud. Definitely not as he describes anyway. (especially if it's not a GS with the sport button) Have a feeling it just might be aftermarket.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Most Coupe customers do not believe the exhaust is loud at all in stock form. The Gransport is a bit louder. You may want to see if there is any damage to your exhaust. i.e. catalytic converters. Or if perhaps any aftermarket pieces are there that you didn't know about!

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
50 Posts
amogholy,

I have a 04 spyder CC and its the same for me , my wife knows i am home a block away before i pull in.

i got the "slow down" light flashing today, which means that the catalytic converters are overheating, so i am starting to think i might need new ones :(

Jeff , do you guys have dealers in MA that can install your new FormulaDynamics converters? and how much would that cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
When i let off the gas from high rev, it goes 'bob bob bob' those kind of sounds (sorry dont know the excat word for it) Does the stock exhaust do that?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
When i let off the gas from high rev, it goes 'bob bob bob' those kind of sounds (sorry dont know the excat word for it) Does the stock exhaust do that?
No. You have some form of after market exhaust.

·
Registered
50 Posts
same sounds for me when i let off the gas , and i am not sure now if the car is still on stock exhaust .

is there a way for me to check that myself?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had stock pipes and mufflers

and they were very quiet. Too quiet, in my opinion, so I put on Larini mufflers. Now people can indeed hear me coming but not in an annoying way. The car now makes as much of an aural statement as it does a visual one.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
amogholy,

I have a 04 spyder CC and its the same for me , my wife knows i am home a block away before i pull in.

i got the "slow down" light flashing today, which means that the catalytic converters are overheating, so i am starting to think i might need new ones :(

Jeff , do you guys have dealers in MA that can install your new FormulaDynamics converters? and how much would that cost?

Thanks
The Bolt-In Larini Kit is very easy to do. I'm sure we can find a good shop out your way, just give me a call when you're ready.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Only complaint I hear on my exhaust is when I leave for the airport @ 4:30am, and wake the kids. Wife does not appreciate that too much.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yeah. The stock exhaust is louder than an Accord but EXTREMELY mild for an exotic. Despite a couple of pops on decelleration, I don't think anyone would compalin about the stock exhaust being too loud (wives and kids sleeping above the garage excluded) ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts