Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that the US cars have no fog lights in the front. Or was this an option? I have a rear fog light button and electrics, but only an empty button on the far left where the manual states the front ones should turn on. Why ? Where do the Euro fog lights go?
My headlights are in a funny stepped pattern and do not project very far (I have xenons). I thought fogs would help with spotting squirrels and deer as they light things down low on remote roads.

·
Registered
146 Posts
v12gte said:
It seems that the US cars have no fog lights in the front. Or was this an option? I have a rear fog light button and electrics, but only an empty button on the far left where the manual states the front ones should turn on. Why ? Where do the Euro fog lights go?
My headlights are in a funny stepped pattern and do not project very far (I have xenons). I thought fogs would help with spotting squirrels and deer as they light things down low on remote roads.
Sorry don't know why you don't have fog lights but my xenons didn't project very far until I took it to the dealer who adjusted them and now they light up the road way way in front

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pics. I guess US cars do not have fog lights. I was trying to find out why....probably some legal issues.

thx
luke

·
Registered
150 Posts
no fog lights? (GranSport)

v12gte said:
Not sure if this relates to the Coupe's or GranSport's or both, however, I know you can buy the switch console in Italy for the GranSport at around Euro 300 + IVA. Part number 208044 for EU and 208045 for USA (console without the back switch).

Under the console, the wires are still ready for the switch. I do not have a wiring diagram, nor knowledge of which fuse# is used for the front fog lights.
Could someone in Europe check the manual for fuse#, so we State-side folks can bring the fog lights back in operation?

Some changes in the wiring may also be necessary at the lights in order to finish this one out, anyone tried?

Kai

·
Registered
390 Posts
The slots are used for the blinkers on US cars to comply with US regulations. I imagine it would cost a pretty penny to redo the entire front end just to add some foglights. Besides, some mini PIAAs would probably work better.

I've found the stock xenons to be pretty good. The thing is, the cutoff at the top is VERY sharp. It was the same way in my Porsche. I found it off-putting for a while, but the thing is, that's the exact point that it can legally light to. Xenons can be more precise like that, whereas cheap halogens just sort of glow aimlessly. The high beams are excellent.

Fitting the Euro factory ones sounds like an easy enough solution as well, however as with anything Italian, bring money.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was hoping if someone from EU could give us a lead to where the fuse might be located for the fog lights. I agree with squid that additional PIAA lights might be a better idea (re: US regulations etc.), but if the fuse could be located, knowing that the wires under the "nonexistent last switch" are there, one could buy the switch console as above indicated and end up with a clean & professional result i.e. not having to install an aftermarket switch in the cabine.

·
Registered
160 Posts
maseratikai said:
I was hoping if someone from EU could give us a lead to where the fuse might be located for the fog lights.
I feel bad. I took a peek at the "illegal" service manual posted in another thread. The last few pages contains the wiring diagrams and fuse locator. There, I saw the location of the front fog light fuse.

It's under the dash, Bank-C, Relay=R11, Fuse=F34 (in the owner's manual it's labeled as L/13)

·
Registered
390 Posts
maseratikai said:
I was hoping if someone from EU could give us a lead to where the fuse might be located for the fog lights. I agree with squid that additional PIAA lights might be a better idea (re: US regulations etc.), but if the fuse could be located, knowing that the wires under the "nonexistent last switch" are there, one could buy the switch console as above indicated and end up with a clean & professional result i.e. not having to install an aftermarket switch in the cabine.
The install would look clean and slick, but IMO the complexity of install and difficulty getting parts would be too great. Plus it is highly doubtful you would get anything back for it on resale (sorry I look at everything from a cost-benefit standpoint :) )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
squid
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing