Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '07 QP F1 that was purchased lightly used (it was a trade-in w/ 3,000 miles on the clock, as the previous owner wanted an '08 model with the ZF automatic). She's run quite well since then and now has almost 9,000 miles on her. I never received any notice from my dealership or the vehicle itself in regards to a 6,000 mile service. What's the deal? I'm not really worried about the car, but since the next service is scheduled at 18,500 miles (apparently), I'm worried about potential warranty issues. I don't want to have something go wrong, only to be told that the 6,000 mile service was missed and I'm out of luck.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
183 Posts
There should be a service book which has a set of pages for each service which the dealer stamps and signs accordingly. Most warranties have got clause if you miss a service by 30days/1000miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm going to have to contact my dealer, because I'm obviously out of the 30 day/1,000 mile range. This may be a problem unless my service dates are different.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I can't say for certain but when I was looking over my car last weekend I saw a set of pages with the marked in km but can't remember exactly. Check through your handbooks.

If it makes you feel any better, BMW M5's need a 1500 mile service(oil change), you miss it and your entire warranty goes up in smoke!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There should be a service book which has a set of pages for each service which the dealer stamps and signs accordingly. Most warranties have got clause if you miss a service by 30days/1000miles.
Turns out I was getting spooked for nothing. The manual indicates the car gets its first service at 12,500 miles, not 6,000. As expected, the vehicle will indicate when it's time. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't say for certain but when I was looking over my car last weekend I saw a set of pages with the marked in km but can't remember exactly. Check through your handbooks.

If it makes you feel any better, BMW M5's need a 1500 mile service(oil change), you miss it and your entire warranty goes up in smoke!
I think they do that in all ///M cars. I have a 335i, so there was no required change, though it's prudent to do so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts