Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pumped up my Maserati GS with N, its awesome. The moment it left the shop till this morning the car feels so consistant. I think I will definately be filling it up on my 355 and my MPV.

Anyone else use Nitrogen in their tires? If u havent...u should.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I'm curious, what is the benefit and does using Nitrogen improve the experience?

I know it is lighter but how much lighter is nitrogen than regular air?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andrew said:
I'm curious, what is the benefit and does using Nitrogen improve the experience?

I know it is lighter but how much lighter is nitrogen than regular air?
Nitrogen is a dry, inert gas used to inflated airplane tires, off-road truck tires, military vehicle tires, and race car tires for improved performance. Oxygen is compressed air permeates through the tire wall, oxygen oxidizes the rubber compounds in the tire, causing under inflation and deteriorated rubber. Dry nitrogen will prevent auto-ignition, will not corrode rims, and helps the tire to run cooler

This is a good basic site on Nitrogen in Tires

http://www.trucktires.com/us_eng/library/publications/periodicals/RealAnswers/03v8iss3/ra8.asp

·
Registered
146 Posts
Agreed. The benefits are mostly on the maintenance side. Cannot imagine any other benefit that could actually be felt driving along though!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SJP63 said:
Agreed. The benefits are mostly on the maintenance side. Cannot imagine any other benefit that could actually be felt driving along though!!
In Singapore the road temperature can range from 24c in the mornings to 55c in the afternoons. The humidity in Singapore is always in the 90s. The amout of water in the air is extremely high.
Given the high volatility in the road temperature combined with high humidity our tire pressure here can fluctuate quite abit. U can tell instantly on a hot day the car feels so much more "bouncier".

I am lucky, the tire shop that I go to is 1km away from my home. Nitrogen to go! I believe!!!! I am taking my 355 and my MPV down to the store this weekend.

Let me put it another way... for S$5 (US$3) per tire there is no real downside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Lung7707
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing