Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was all ready to install my new NIT 8.1HW hot from the USA, when the USB socket and cable eventually arrived after three weeks from Eurospares (UK chaps)

There are two versions of the USB socket, full USB and charging only, so when ordering myself and Eurospares had a discussion we were at pains to ensure that we ordered the right one so full advantage of the 8.1HW capability of BT and USB data.

Yes, that's right, I have been given the 'Solo Ricar' version: charging only. With the little 'charging only' logo on the device rather than the full USB symbol, which distinguishes them in the Technical manual.
I've no idea whether the cable is charging only either.

My Europart part numbers are:-
242561 USB/Aux in socket
248469 USB/Aux in Connection cable

It seems that they're having difficulty in determining which variant part number it should be; there's only one quoted

Does anyone know what the correct part number unique to the full USB socket and connector is, or even better where I can get a set (hopefully without another 3 weeks wait).

Robin

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
111 Posts
I think and would be surprised if Maserati went as far as making a non - charging adapter cable for the GT. I bet the cable is the same it's only that the NIT and the glove box interface are different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably Stig, but I've seen a HW7 NIT first version dated 2010. Seems ridiculous doesn't it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked the pins. There are 4, so standard USB, 2 power, 2 data.
Why they mark them charge only is a mystery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts