Maserati Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
No because it's a late MC with (I think the centre exit exhaust?) which may need a different X-pipe. Certainly that is a different under tray from any car I've seen which would probably be a function of the age.

@xDennis is it the exhaust in the centre a la Euro Stradale? Eurospares should be able to confirm if the OEM centre muffler is interchangeable on the earlier ones, and thus, if your un-silenced unit will fit

Although it looks like the other join is under that plastic:

228235 appears to be universal so your first job will be the undertray. However, I reserve the right to be totally wrong

C
Correct you are..as seen in this Maserati vid @ the 3:00 minute mark... (y)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Chris,
I started the install today, got the passenger side jacked up pretty good and on stands. The issue though is, the bottom of my car has the plastic under carriage on the entire bottom, there are probably 40bolts holding it up, i counted 18 on the passenger side alone. To get his entire undercarriage off, I'll have to jack up the other side as well and squeeze under, i can imagine getting it back on will be a major PITA solo, I can get some help but I'm leaning towards bringing it to a shop that has it jacked higher and can do it saving me the hassle..im guessing itll cost around $200 for the whole job, to me thats worth the hassle of taking off/on the under carriage then the hassle of removing the factory pipe.

I'm a little bummed honestly..:(

Based on all the videos i've seen nobody had this on there, it looks like the pipes were exposed and ready to bolt off thats what i was expecting

I don't see a way to remove just an exhaust piece, looks like 1 large piece

View attachment 139521 View attachment 139522
Good luck Dennis! Projects always have some sort of suprise to keep us on our toes! My xpipe is on the way should see it next week. Will keep you posted here also!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good luck Dennis! Projects always have some sort of suprise to keep us on our toes! My xpipe is on the way should see it next week. Will keep you posted here also!
I can't wait to hear how it goes!! You'll certainly motivate my install

I may start taking off that under panel on mine, and just take my time with it. I really love the stock sound, but I SOOOOO looking forward to the xpipe sound.

As a note: I did call around to see if there is any shop that would do it, most say "No, the DMV is coming down on us" lol so it seems like something I'll have to just do myself anyway.i need to quit being lazy i guess :ROFLMAO:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts