Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice jack pads for your GT. Fits perfectly in the holes up front, no modification needed. For the rear jack points that are threaded, I'm going to cut off the nipple, (I know, tragic), and add threaded inserts.

have seen these as low as $12.99 on Amazon

Rectangle Grey Font Pattern Parallel
Shipping box Packing materials Audio equipment Wood Gas
Water Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Hood Wood

Reactions: IamStig01

·
Registered
301 Posts
I am so, so careful in how I jack my cars... and I think the whole matter of the corrosion protection system damage that can ensue with haphazard jacking is overlooked.

Kudos, timado404, with regards to this find!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fit is great, and plenty of room to place a jack stand in the process.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Automotive tire Bumper Sports equipment Vehicle Rim
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle Vehicle door

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fit is great, and plenty of room to place a jack stand in the process.
Thanks for the pics! Nubie question (Just purchased my Granturismo ;)) - where is the optimal place for the jack stand? I'm going to purchase these jack pads.. but when I lift the front, where can I place the stand so I can move the jack to the otherside/back, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on your new purchase. (y) Please tell me that you posted a pic of this new beauty....:unsure:

Not pictured, but If you look in this area you will see a good spot for a jack stand.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Tread

Reactions: xDennis

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. (y) Please tell me that you posted a pic of this new beauty....:unsure:

Not pictured, but If you look in this area you will see a good spot for a jack stand.
Thanks! This is helpful.

I did post, but I'll post one here as well: Note: The PPF Is yellowing on front, It's scheduled for replacement!
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! This is helpful.

I did post, but I'll post one here as well: Note: The PPF Is yellowing on front, It's scheduled for replacement!
View attachment 139443
Ah cool, I remember now.
Team of 2, trouble right there...lol :ROFLMAO:
Reminds me of me and my lil bro, aaaalllll the way back to 1975!
Smile Standing Gesture Headgear Vintage clothing

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Timado everytime you post up a part or accessorie, you end up costing me money! Heheh. Had to get these also!
HA HA HA :ROFLMAO: I love it, bro!
Just trying to keep you on point with the good stuff.

Reactions: ChrisNLBC

·
Registered
18 Posts
Timado everytime you post up a part or accessorie, you end up costing me money! Heheh. Had to get these also!
Ohhh now I see how this is going to go down!! haha mine just came in yesterday, today I'm going to head to harbor freight and get 4x6ton jack stands to install the xpipe 🤩

HA HA HA :ROFLMAO: I love it, bro!
Just trying to keep you on point with the good stuff.
lol, keep it comin!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ohhh now I see how this is going to go down!! haha mine just came in yesterday, today I'm going to head to harbor freight and get 4x6ton jack stands to install the xpipe

lol, keep it comin!!
Dennis, you read my kind. I been on the fence for the xpipe and finally decided to try it. If I hate it, easy swap back!

Im getting the exact jackstands for same reason!! Lol let me know how yours goes and how ya like!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dennis, you read my kind. I been on the fence for the xpipe and finally decided to try it. If I hate it, easy swap back!

Im getting the exact jackstands for same reason!! Lol let me know how yours goes and how ya like!
Hi Chris,
I started the install today, got the passenger side jacked up pretty good and on stands. The issue though is, the bottom of my car has the plastic under carriage on the entire bottom, there are probably 40bolts holding it up, i counted 18 on the passenger side alone. To get his entire undercarriage off, I'll have to jack up the other side as well and squeeze under, i can imagine getting it back on will be a major PITA solo, I can get some help but I'm leaning towards bringing it to a shop that has it jacked higher and can do it saving me the hassle..im guessing itll cost around $200 for the whole job, to me thats worth the hassle of taking off/on the under carriage then the hassle of removing the factory pipe.

I'm a little bummed honestly..:(

Based on all the videos i've seen nobody had this on there, it looks like the pipes were exposed and ready to bolt off thats what i was expecting

I don't see a way to remove just an exhaust piece, looks like 1 large piece

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car Automotive lighting
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
5,012 Posts
@xDennis what precise model variant (and year) is your car? Not seen the underside like that before but I have an idea why

C

·
Super Moderator
5,012 Posts
Because it's a convertible??? :unsure:
No because it's a late MC with (I think the centre exit exhaust?) which may need a different X-pipe. Certainly that is a different under tray from any car I've seen which would probably be a function of the age.

@xDennis is it the exhaust in the centre a la Euro Stradale? Eurospares should be able to confirm if the OEM centre muffler is interchangeable on the earlier ones, and thus, if your un-silenced unit will fit

Although it looks like the other join is under that plastic:

228235 appears to be universal so your first job will be the undertray. However, I reserve the right to be totally wrong

C

·
Registered
18 Posts
No because it's a late MC with (I think the centre exit exhaust?) which may need a different X-pipe. Certainly that is a different under tray from any car I've seen which would probably be a function of the age.
C
From what I've seen, and can tell the xpipe is the same and will still lead to the center exhaust. I just have to remove the undertray. This gives me a good excuse to purchase a power socket LOL, I may tinker around with it today.

I'm wondering if the undertray is part of the aero kit option?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts