Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I just test drove an 04 CC Coupe (First Mas I've ever driven!)
It really was awesome to drive! Great handling, seemed well aligned, good braking. However, the transmission seemed a little jerky when accelerating through gears from a stop.
A little like driving a manual and coming off the gas too much between gear changes....

The owner said this can be adjusted at a dealer and takes 2 mins depending on your driving style and they probably won't even charge....is this true??

Overall the car seemed tight (I used the checklist put together by this forum)
All checked out apart from a few dings. Sadly one is on the back next to the trunk. According to the checklist this would require a whole new respray for the back half of the car which could be 10k.....price is $37k (new clutch and front tires) with 25k miles...
SO I don't think this is the one.....

·
Registered
722 Posts
On your next drive, push the "power" or "sport" button to light the indicator on the dash, shift manually, and manage the gas just like you would on a manual. Or keep the gas down and hold on.

It really is a manual transmission with a robot operating the clutch. You have to learn how to get the robot to do what you want. I really enjoy mine now, but it took a while, even though I grew up on a stick shift.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Jagger...

LOL... my Mas had ding in the back trunk area as well.

My neighbor owns a body shop.

He quoted me $400 to do it.

He ended up doing for free anyway and I bought him a bottle of Hi-End Vodka.

I realize $400 is cheap and he probably just pulled the number out of his a$$ (knowing it would be free anway)...

But 10k is excessive.

And yes... they had to remove the back and respray. But I don't think it would be 10k.

Gene

·
5,887 Posts
Overall the car seemed tight (I used the checklist put together by this forum)
All checked out apart from a few dings. Sadly one is on the back next to the trunk. According to the checklist this would require a whole new respray for the back half of the car which could be 10k.....price is $37k (new clutch and front tires) with 25k miles...
SO I don't think this is the one.....
The CC transmission takes some practice. After an hour or so, you will be shifting smoothly.

As for the car, if the only thing wrong with it is a couple of dings, the price may be right. It will be hard to find a well maintained '04 with a fresh clutch in that price range.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't know if your dealer will do it for free in any event!

Depending on the colour, the depth of the dent and how much free time you have on your hands, body work is not rocket science. I have done a lot of small dings and dents on a number of cars myself with excellent results and about 1/100 of the $10,000 price :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts