Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am getting a GS spyder. But I am wondering and comparing the cost of ownership to Porsche.

I know Porsche would be definately less than a Maserati.

but how much you guys pay for maintance for 3-4 yrs of ownership?

F1 pump problem?

Vic

·
Registered
191 Posts
There are several threads discussing this, but, as an estimate, figure on 2k-3k a year average for maintenance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
figure around 2-8k per year

You could have to replace a clutch a year at a cost of $4k. Service will be around $1-2k per year. Tires and brakes may also need to be replaced every year. Tires are around $350 each, so $1400 total for tires. I not sure on brakes. Does anyone know???

But figure $2k on the low end and up to $8k on the high end.

f1 pump is covered under warranty.

Zearnold

·
Registered
6 Posts
zearnold said:
You could have to replace a clutch a year at a cost of $4k.
My 02, which is four years old, is still on its original clutch with more than 50% life left. This clutch per year stuff is a myth.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't freak out yet.

It really depends how much you are going to drive it. I have an 03 coupe GT with 4000 miles which still has original everything and needs nothing. If it is your daily driver at 15000 miles/year thats a different story. I know people with porshes that are replacing clutches every year as well as other parts.

Don't forget when reading the forums, not many people take the time to write about the good experiences with parts, but typically express the bad experiences.

Or I could be wrong, if everyone wavering on porshes bought one, it would just ensure how exotic the Maserati's really are. :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Zinhead said:
My 02, which is four years old, is still on its original clutch with more than 50% life left. This clutch per year stuff is a myth.
Key word is could not everybody has the same driving style or has the same road conditions. I.E. you will change your clutch more often driving in New York traffic as opposed to a rural area.

Too many variables but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts