Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am about to buy a CC 4200 model 2002 US version (mint condition with 2000 miles on the clock!)
I hope you guys dont mind my newbie questions:

How do I see if the car has the skyhook system? Any specific buttons? Where are they located?
On the center console there is a set of 5 buttons below the Radio GPS system:
upper row 3 buttons (forgot what the function is), lower row 2 buttons (MSP and Sport).
The upper left is empty in this car, what function does that normally have when the option is fitted.
Anybody knows if Maserati fits hot climate options in the cars delivered to i.e. the Middle East? If not are there any known overheating issues in warm climates?

Any other advices of what I need to check? The car is practically new....
I will have the dealer report tonight concerning services and updates (clutch issue etc.).

Thanks a lot

Heiko

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Welcome Heiko & good luck with the 4200. Happy you found our forum useful & hope to see you here a bunch in the future.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Hi, I am not aware of "hot weather" set-ups or options for these cars but I do own of an ex colleague with a Coupe', living in Singapore, who's had issues with the plastic in the cockpit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,

I bought the car now after the computer read out showed it was sound...i.e. clutch never overheated, no saved errors, and less than 20 % clutch use.
I got different information about the hot climate versions such as that there were bigger radiators but the boss of the Maserati garage here said there are no modifications on the models they sell over here....of course you never know if thats not just sales talk....
I need to find the real trustworthy technicians in the country first :).

Cheers, H.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.