Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm getting tired with my 745i and I've been looking at the coupe, but it's too small for me and my family. So I'm looking at the QP. I've been reading up on the car and it always go back to the gearbox issue. For me it's not a big deal since I'm buying the car for the paddle shifting. But after reading some posts on this forum I see that the clutch is also an issue. Let me fire my questions:
1. Is is true that you'll need a new clutch every 15k miles, or does it depend on your driving habits?
2. Can someone share the maintenance schedule? Cost of maintenance per year.
3. Reliability for daily driving, mechanically and electronically?

I'm looking to get the QP or a new 750iL. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
192 Posts
1)You should not need a new clutch clutch every 15k
2)Maint will be on par with the BMW
3)I have an 04 CC and its very reliable as my daily. Only issue was the F1 pump fixed under warranty. Co-Worker has a 745, his BMW has been in the shop more then my Maser.

-dsd

·
Registered
390 Posts
Clutch wear varies pretty broadly depending on driving environment and style. If that's an issue you can always get the standard automatic.

·
Registered
681 Posts
How did it go?

·
Registered
237 Posts
My daily-driver GS is sitting outside our office right now, pristine and perfect. My partner's BMW 745 is being towed away as I write this!
Ha....he may need to borrow my car to make his golf tee-time!

·
Registered
240 Posts
maseratifan said:
My daily-driver GS is sitting outside our office right now, pristine and perfect. My partner's BMW 745 is being towed away as I write this!
Ha....he may need to borrow my car to make his golf tee-time!
LOL! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MVP said:
How did it go?
My buddy who's a car dealer didn't have the QP available so I drove 2002 coupe. It drove really well, the handling was par with my 911. I love the sound! I presume that that GS is a lot better? But It's too hard to fit my wife and kid in there. I have the 911 for that. That's why I'm looking at the QP. I've started reading up on the QP, where the price is not a problem, the only thing I hesitate about is that most QP owners (please chime in if I'm wrong) have been replacing their clutches after 10 to 15K miles. Some even wore out faster than that. That just alarms me, because this will be my daily driver and I drive surface streets and freeways everyday. I don't want to replace it every year. Is the clutch replacement covered by the warranty? Anyways I love the interior of the coupe, it's like sitting on fine Italian furniture.

·
Registered
681 Posts
joeker said:
My buddy who's a car dealer didn't have the QP available so I drove 2002 coupe. It drove really well, the handling was par with my 911. I love the sound! I presume that that GS is a lot better? But It's too hard to fit my wife and kid in there. I have the 911 for that. That's why I'm looking at the QP. I've started reading up on the QP, where the price is not a problem, the only thing I hesitate about is that most QP owners (please chime in if I'm wrong) have been replacing their clutches after 10 to 15K miles. Some even wore out faster than that. That just alarms me, because this will be my daily driver and I drive surface streets and freeways everyday. I don't want to replace it every year. Is the clutch replacement covered by the warranty? Anyways I love the interior of the coupe, it's like sitting on fine Italian furniture.
GS has an "improved" feel to it compared to the standard coupe.

Most QP customers and owners I talk to the reason seems to be because they keep their cars in auto. Stay out of auto mode and drive the cambiocorsa tranny correctly and you should get at least 30k miles out of each clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts