Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
my name is Robert and i live in Sweden..
i bought from the first and only owner in Milan Italy a 420 biturbo 1986
these was around 10 years ago..
the car work fine but the last 2 years i havent been able to drive it..
the problem is that the clutch doesnt work properly..
it seems to be air in the cylinder, and it leaks the fluid..
is it possible to restore the cylinder or do i have to buy a new one?
where is it located?
is it a difficult work to do?
im familiar with cars but havent work so much on mine Maserati.. just driven it..

thanks for your answer
Robert

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have no idea what its like in Sweeden but in NZ there are plenty of places that can
usually repair clutch items with replacement parts. However if this is not possible you can get your hands on a
new or used item, visit this webiste www.auto-italia.com and send Lenny a E-Mail. He has alot of parts and can get some new ones and his prices are very reasonable. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
clutch

U probably need to replace the master and slave pumps for the clutch, the slave is mounted on the gear box while the master is higher up. Repair kits are available and since you are taking down the gear box, might as well consider changing the clutch, throw out bearing, as well as the hoses and the fork all together to last u another 5 yrs at least. If u need the throw out bearing, I can supply you with one, for other parts which you cannot find you may let me know as well. email me [email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for the VERY late reply,, i actually forgot to look at the asnwer untill now...:Tombo:
do I have to take down the gearbox for fixing the slave pump?
if i change all the parts you mention what will the cost be ? approx?
thank you som much for the answers and once again sorry for the delay..
Robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.