Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie in Galveston, TX

Hello folks,
Just bought a 2002 Cambiocorsa Coupe. 33k miles, under $20k. Sebring blue with a very light tan and blue interior. Very sharp car. I drove it back to Galveston from Dallas (300 mi) and it ran perfectly.

I am a retired guy who loves tinkering cars & motorcycles. I've owned many over the years, some exotic, some economical. I like this Maserati a LOT. Incredibly gorgeous and competent car! I look forward to helping out and being helped in this forum.

Cheers,
Charlie

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi folks,
Just bought a 2002 coupe and drove it home (300 mi). Runs great. Fantastic car! Looking forward to this forum.
Cheers,
Charlie

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Hello folks,
Just bought a 2002 Cambiocorsa Coupe. 33k miles, under $20k. Sebring blue with a very light tan and blue interior. Very sharp car. I drove it back to Galveston from Dallas (300 mi) and it ran perfectly.

I am a retired guy who loves tinkering cars & motorcycles. I've owned many over the years, some exotic, some economical. I like this Maserati a LOT. Incredibly gorgeous and competent car! I look forward to helping out and being helped in this forum.

Cheers,
Charlie[/QUOTE Welcome to the forum and congrats on ur car.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome. I also have a 2002 Coupe. You will find lots of helpful advice here on maintaining that car.

$20k is a great price. Be prepared though, if it still has the original clutch, that you'll have to have that replaced at some point. I had to do that at 22k miles, and it cost around $5k at the dealer. The new clutch parts are supposed to last longer than that.

You will know it's starting to go if it feels like it's slipping, or falls out of any gear into neutral. Or, like me, when you're trailing clouds of burnt clutch smoke flying down the highway!

Other than that, my Coupe also runs perfectly. They are solid machines.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Welcome to ML. Would love to see some pics of your new baby

I'm in West Texas now but grew up in Houston!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome. I am in Houston and keep my car, a 2004 Coupe in Spicewood. The guys here are a real help, and I am becoming more knowledgeable of certain things like installing the DBW and exhaust mods. Enjoy the car, they are a lot of fun.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your new baby!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Welcome....went to Galveston when I graduated HS way back in the late 60s on Sr. day!!!

They still have those, right?!?

Moderators...can you add a tongue in cheek smiley called, "This thread is worthless without pictures."!!! LOL

You can find and example of it at ApriliaForum sponsored by AF1 Racing, inc.

Seriously, we need pics!!

Does it look like this the blue one here:

2002 maserati coupe pictures - Bing Images

I wish I could figure out how to post the actual pictures in the reply!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts