Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of my first Maserati...a dark blue '67 Ghibli (an impulsive eBay purchase!). It is car #616. That car has more damn keys than anything I've seen. Anyhow, there's a fairly substantial lock/key, below the dash and below the steering column. What does this do? I feel stupid for asking but the (very valuable) owner's manual is in Italian, and all I know is 'sketti and Chianti. thanx steve meltzer "unencumbered by the thought process"

·
Registered
520 Posts
I just took delivery of my first Maserati...a dark blue '67 Ghibli (an impulsive eBay purchase!). It is car #616. That car has more damn keys than anything I've seen. Anyhow, there's a fairly substantial lock/key, below the dash and below the steering column. What does this do? I feel stupid for asking but the (very valuable) owner's manual is in Italian, and all I know is 'sketti and Chianti. thanx steve meltzer "unencumbered by the thought process"
Steve,
More than likely you are refering to one of the early steering column locks, my Mistral has the same thing. Later locks were incorporated into the ignition key.

Congrats on the purchase, hope we'll see you and it at the Maserati Owners National Meet.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Thanx for the info. I really like the car, and have lots to learn about it. Is this the most active Maserati website? Slow compared to some of the Ferrari sites. thanx s
TYes and no. This is the most active for owners of Modern Era Maseratis and it is very active. We've tried to get the Vintage section going but it is a bit slow. Many of the Vintage owners are on the Maserati Section of Ferrari Chat, some on the Maserati GT forum on Yahoogroups.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.