Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

First of all... Apologies, because you all probably answered this 50 times over now.

But just 3 weeks into all this Maserati thing.

By the way... what a club.

I drive down the road and people pull up to me and take a picture of my car.

Pretty good deal. Who knew?

Ok...

So the nearest Maserati dealership is 90 miles away.

So I found a place that specializes in imports.

I got a oil change today. $200.

It was for the oil filter and sythetic (which he said I needed).

Ok... did I just get hosed? Or is this about right.

I await your answers.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
My dealer charges around $250. I've heard others up to $450....so, 200 bucks isn't over the top by any stretch.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok... thanks Vince.

Appreciate it very much.

It's just it's sticker shock.

I mean, really. Who ever heard of a $200 plus oil change.

It's all good though. Not complaining per se. Just wondering.

·
Registered
78 Posts
you actually did quite well. if this was sticker shock, you should certainly prepare yourself for what may be ahead - not to scare you but it's not cheap to maintain. enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sly...

I'm cautiously scared.

This is wierd. Really.

Like you think you're all hot $hit with a Lexus.

Then you enter into Maserati territory and it's a whole different ballgame.

Any tips are appreciated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For the maser, that's not bad. It was about $150 for the complete DIY change kit from formula dynamics (oil, filters, etc). $200 isn't horrible for someone else to do it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Considering the oil is anywhere from 9 to 15 bucks

a quart and you need close to 10 quarts, then throw in the filter for $28.00 and you really did quite well. Lexus to Maserati, good move... You will never go back the other way, Lexus is nice, Maserati is a masterpiece for the senses.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Fyi

This is just a "FYI" for anyone with a modern (2002+) 4200cc Maserati engine.
It is a dry sump oil lubrication system, there are three draining points, 1-the tank in the right hand front corner, belly pan removal is necessary on the QP,
2- the sump on the engine,a 12 or 14mm allen bolt close to the front of the engine and 3- The oil filter. ALL three need to be open and draining at the same time to get all the oil out, otherwise the system will hold pressure-not much but about half a qt. of old oil. So if not taking the car to the dealer,
which is totally fine for an oil change, just inform your tech of these three key points. The QP holds about 8 1/4 qts +/- 1/4 qt, the 4200 holds 8 qts+/-
1/4 qt. Check oil level HOT with engine RUNNING. DO NOT OVERFILL, it will suck oil through the vapor system into the airflow meter-ruining it.
Best of luck gents.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well thanks everyone.

Looks like I found a pretty good home here.

While I'm at it.

How many miles till I do another oil change.

It has synthetic.

The guy today said 5,000 miles.

Is that correct?

Thanks again...

·
Registered
329 Posts
I change the oil on mine at 3000-4000 mile intervals.

$200 is nominal for an oil change. Save money for the "all fluids" replacement.:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
I change the oil on mine at 3000-4000 mile intervals.

$200 is nominal for an oil change. Save money for the "all fluids" replacement.:D
very true - the clowns down here want me to do the 'all fluids' once-a-year service now - $825.00.

but i have had a bad experience w/the dealer. i'm incredibly disappointed that such an amazing car is made...yet the service professionalism is better at a japanese dealership. so disappointing...

need to write a letter to maserati North Amer. & the boys back home in modena, italy.

disgraceful servicing at the dealers down here ...

·
Registered
262 Posts
very true - the clowns down here want me to do the 'all fluids' once-a-year service now - $825.00.

but i have had a bad experience w/the dealer. i'm incredibly disappointed that such an amazing car is made...yet the service professionalism is better at a japanese dealership. so disappointing...

need to write a letter to maserati North Amer. & the boys back home in modena, italy.

disgraceful servicing at the dealers down here ...
I concur. Are you East or West coast of FL?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I concur. Are you East or West coast of FL?
south east ... i'm just in total disbelief that it's THIS bad ...

i'm amazed and disappointed that Maserati of North America and/or Worldwide Maserati can accept this horrible kind of professionalism and poor work performance!!?

it's hard to believe that if Maserati of Modena got a sniff of what's happening here at these dealerships, they'd can EVERY single one of them on the spot! that's what i would do!

not to mention that the japanese are beating the pants off of them as far as proper service/client relationship, etc - many times i feel like i'm dealing w/a guy who shouldn't even be working at a KIA dealership!

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is true. Who do you use?Fort Lauderdale? I am using the Palm Beach dealer, same story,he asked me $550 for oil change on my 2006 QP, I went to my mechanic with the oil and filter I ordered from Jeff and the total was $200 including labor and parts. Also, everytime you need a repair they will fix it and something else connected to it will go bad. I had a problem with the driver's side power seat not working. The car was in the shop for 8 days and finaly they found a bad electrical connection in the driver's side rear door. After they fixed it and I left I found out that the small knod that lock and unlock the door is stuck-when they assemble the door panel back they jammed the knob. Now I have to take it back. It looks like they are not really want to help, especially if you didn't purchase the car from them.
I had a Lexus LS 430 before that. The car never gave me problems and that is very easy to give you a great service when the cars never break...The one time I had a problem(started it and it was vibrating and smoking black smoke, problem that was ok after 10 minutes), I took it to the dealer here in Palm Beach and they gave me a loaner, kept it in the shop for 2 days and investigated everything, they even called the regional service manager and called the factory to try and find out what went wrong...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts