Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbe with 2005 Spyder GT on the way! I'm really starting to get excited. However... when I test drove the car, my shoe did not fit on the gas pedal without hitting the brake. I had to change my food position to be lower on the pedal which is not natural. Any suggestions? I guess italian shoes may be appropriate, but I have fat feet. Would aluminum pedals help? Driving Shoes? Just get used to it?

Thanks in advance
radgts3bk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shoe size = 10.5 D

But I do like a comfortable fit.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wear between 11.5 and 12's and I have no problem. I do have the factory aluminum pedals but I never noticed a big difference.

If it is an issue aftermarket pedals from ultimate pedals or the like should fix any issues. The footwell is roomy so there is plenty to work with.

Best,
dsd

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ultimate pedals looks like a good option

They look like a quality product. It might shave off a few mm. I think my pedals are rubber covered.
Thanks for the lead

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have the ultimate pedals, they are a few mm thinner than stock.
I too hit the gas and brake when I do not re position my foot.
I am thinking of bending the gas pedal rod to move the pedal 15mm to the right to get more room for my foot.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I wear a size 12 shoe and it depends on which shoe I wear. I can't wear any of my dress shoe's when I drive the car because I have the same problem (hitting the brake pedal and accelerator at the same time). So, I keep a pair of Maserati Piloti shoes in the car and wear those until I get to work. Very nice and no interference! :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
Rocking a good set of driving shoes is the way to go...if you dont want to change when you get to work look into Tod's line of driving shoes...also Bruno Malagi used to make a fairly nice driving semi casual slip on...I really like Puma Driving shoes and also have some new DC and Cole Haan driving shoes on order

Mike where does one get maserati driving shoes? I have the Ferrari Pumas but I am curious about a set for the maserati...

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info...

I'll probably look into both pedals and shoes. I'm hoping I will get used to the positioning. I'll take a look at the links.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts