Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After more than a month of waiting they finally arrived today. As I understand it, this is the first set they have produced. The sound should be very similar to the standard X-OST (for GS's) as the same muffler body is used. I wanted the option of making the car a little quieter on dates etc., and having the valves is a fun toy/gadget. I will add some installation photos and comments on the sound as soon as I get them on. SB

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
nice...did you get them directly from X-OST in Italy or one of their distributors? They haven't responded my email :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice...did you get them directly from X-OST in Italy or one of their distributors? They haven't responded my email :(

I purchased them directly from Italy. I had to wire them Euro's as they don't take credit cards. They certainly don't get in a hurry about anything, but I guess that is the Italian way. The product looks 1st class in person, so let's hope it was worth the wait. We'll see how much difference the valves make in terms of quieting it down. A gal answers all the e-mail (Vilma) and she doesn't know anything. It took some persistance and patience before things got moving for me as well. Mimmo is the technician and he speaks English - so you can call. I did twice. If you'd like the number, let me know and I'll get it to you. SB

·
Registered
835 Posts
I purchased them directly from Italy. I had to wire them Euro's as they don't take credit cards. They certainly don't get in a hurry about anything, but I guess that is the Italian way. The product looks 1st class in person, so let's hope it was worth the wait. We'll see how much difference the valves make in terms of quieting it down. A gal answers all the e-mail (Vilma) and she doesn't know anything. It took some persistance and patience before things got moving for me as well. Mimmo is the technician and he speaks English - so you can call. I did twice. If you'd like the number, let me know and I'll get it to you. SB
please PM phone # and email addr. Thanks

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
very nice.
it would be even nicer for us if you can do a short video clip, before and after of the install, with the car on normal vs sport.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
btw can you please weight them and the stock?
if the stock were tubi's, perhaps there is not much difference in weight saving?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very nice.
it would be even nicer for us if you can do a short video clip, before and after of the install, with the car on normal vs sport.
I will see what I can do. I don't own a video recorder, but I think I can borrow one. I am not the most savy of guys (technology wise), so if I can get something shot you may have to walk me through how to upload it. I probably need a few weeks to get it done.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
btw can you please weight them and the stock?
if the stock were tubi's, perhaps there is not much difference in weight saving?
Yes - that I can do for sure. After I get the stock ones off the car I will weigh them and post the results vs. stock.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
oh, many of the small digital cameras can shoot short movies. those are very easy to post. you can post them on youtube. :)

it would be tremedously helpful for other owners to hear it!

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you want to get rid if the stock GS mufflers...

Let me know. I am local in Houston and have been looking for some GS mufflers. I the Tubi is too loud for my wife but the Coupe mufflers are too quiet.

Paul

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let me know. I am local in Houston and have been looking for some GS mufflers. I the Tubi is too loud for my wife but the Coupe mufflers are too quiet.

Paul
I am going to hold on to them - just in case. After I get these new ones on with valves, I'd be happy to meet up with you to see if these might cure your dilema.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh, many of the small digital cameras can shoot short movies. those are very easy to post. you can post them on youtube. :)

it would be tremedously helpful for other owners to hear it!
Mine can do that - but the sound wouldn't be great. If I am going to attempt
it, I might as well try to get a good clip. I will ask around for a video recorder to borrow and then may pm you before shooting anything. Give me a few weeks. SB

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would love to hear it.

I dod not know that you could get after mkt with the valves. Let me know when the installation is complete.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dod not know that you could get after mkt with the valves. Let me know when the installation is complete.
To my knowledge this is the first set. Okay - I will send you a message when I'm done. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Houston dealership in person anyway. Another option for you might be just to remove the center resonator. The GS doesn't have one. You could buy one of the after market stainless x-pipes for $850-$1000. SB

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you need to get your car re-smogged in TX? Valved exhausts won't pass smog inspection in CA, if they see it.
No you don't. Inspections are required her once a year (except when a car is new) - then you get a 2 year exemption. Gransports come from the factory w/ valves in the muffler. This is simply a performance replacement. It would not effect emissions and the testing facility would have no way of identifying a change.

·
Registered
103 Posts
No you don't. Inspections are required her once a year (except when a car is new) - then you get a 2 year exemption. Gransports come from the factory w/ valves in the muffler. This is simply a performance replacement. It would not effect emissions and the testing facility would have no way of identifying a change.
Yeah, I guess if it looks factory you wouldn't have a problem here either. They make the inspection criteria as brainless as possible (for the brainless smog testers), so there is no arguing that it doesn't affect emissions, they just won't pass you if it is valved and looks aftermarket. The only exception being if it has a C.A.R.B. approval.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yeah, I guess if it looks factory you wouldn't have a problem here either. They make the inspection criteria as brainless as possible (for the brainless smog testers), so there is no arguing that it doesn't affect emissions, they just won't pass you if it is valved and looks aftermarket. The only exception being if it has a C.A.R.B. approval.
when in doubt and when the time comes, just put the old ones back for the smog check.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts