Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks;

I am guaging interest in offering a new line of wheels in the US. These are from a UK manufacturer that is looking to build both the US market as well as offerings for Maserati. Currently they have one wheel available for the Coupe, but want to work with me on offering more wheels for the coupe as well as the Quattroporte.

The wheels pictured are 19x8.5 front, 19x9.5 rear, and will retail about $4000 shipped (with a discout for forum members of course). These are one piece alloys, and I don't yet have weight specs \ finishes available.

For the size \ price \ design, what are your thoughts?

- Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
not a bad look, personally I prefer a deeper dish. I would need a 10" wheel out back as well, do they build these upon order?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Reverse Lip

Robb373 said:
not a bad look, personally I prefer a deeper dish. I would need a 10" wheel out back as well, do they build these upon order?
as with my QP the deep dish will make the overall wheel diameter look smaller... but def more aggressive....
for 4k not HRE but def look into iForged

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like a deeper dish, and wider, but they don't do these as custom as some of the other brands. It's also a work in progress for Maserati sizes. This happens to be their first maser offering for the brand.

I'm posting for feedback, which I will relay to the company, and will work with them on sizing and offerings.

- Mark

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
nice design, looks quite matching to the curves added by frank stephson on the GS.

however, it also looks like a HUGE CURB MAGNET.

i would imagine any repair to curb rash on this design could be quite expensive.

·
Registered
237 Posts
they look a little too "MOPI Tuner" or "bling" for me, also agree with curb problem. i'd probably pass on them.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually because they are painted curb rash should be less of an issue. Generally wheels of this style can be repaired for $150 or less per wheel. Alloy wheel repair is a franchised service, that we use here in Minneapolis. They repairwheels for us, of any finish except chrome and the polish look on the BMW M3 19" wheels, and you can't tell where they've worked after the fact. They use an epoxy like filler with paint airbrushed over it and a clearcoat. The repair is softer than the wheel until it fully cures after a couple of months.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
The bulge-out style would kill me here in the land o' curbs...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
maserati of minneapolis said:
Actually because they are painted curb rash should be less of an issue. Generally wheels of this style can be repaired for $150 or less per wheel. ...
lol........

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
M! said:
lol........
Hey, we had a guy hit a concrete slab sticking up in a construction zone with his brand new Sport Gt. There were huge gouges, and metal missing from both the very edge of the lip and about 3" up the spokes. I honestly thought he would need two new wheels. Our wheel guy worked on them for an afternoon, and $300 later, you couldn't tell they had been hit at all, even up close. Most of the methods they use is no different than some bondo + paint\blend, except that they generally only deal in shades of silver.

Hell, if anyone on here has any curbed wheels, and you don't want to buy new ones, ship them to me, and I'll have him work on them. I would put a personal guarantee that they would be fixed.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The guy which did mine (one of the rears got scuffed, not badly but not nice either) first used some sort of chemical strip process to eliminate the existing coating, then worked on the lathe removing the kerb marks and finally applied some electrostatic coating (power coating?) and heated (cooked) the wheel to obtain the final finish.

A 2 day process, but I must say the refurbished wheel looked as-new (you could not tell the difference, not even looking within an inch).

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mark,

I think these wheels are magnificently beautiful. However, I too would pass. One, I wash my own car and wish for less spokes to clean and, two, also fear contact with the curb. Very nice design, though.

Good luck!

Frankie P

·
Registered
240 Posts
Those look sharp. I couldnt drop 6gs on rims and tires (I just couldnt! wouldnt seem right!)

but those look awsome

1 - 18 of 18 Posts