Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First - Kung Hei Fat Choi to all of you and I wish you and your family a happy new year in the year of the Pig.

Now... I finally logged on after a few days off on Chinese New Year... Blasted the MCV around in Hong Kong (hoping the cops in Hong Kong are all on holiday mood).

Then I see all these discussion on the new Coupe. Strange - but I am not too fond of it... for one very simple reason - I love the paddle shift on my MCV... where the heck is it on this one?!?

Maybe they are just holding it off as an option or something. Looking at some of the comments people made, I must agree, the rear looks nice, the side looks ok... but the front... hmmm, not really my cup of tea.

I must say, the old Coupe/GS/MCV will probably yield a better resale after the launch of this Coupe - costs for this replacement will definitely be high and put them into used Ferrari/Lambo range - unless the dealers in Hong Kong will not jack the price up.

Maybe and just maybe I will swap out of my MCV but would it be for the new Coupe, I must say, I wouldnt for now - it's just not juicy enough... my blood aint boiling nor is my head woozing... i got that when i first saw the MCV's "unofficial pictures" and the design is technically 7 years old at that time.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Vincent said:
First - Kung Hei Fat Choi to all of you and I wish you and your family a happy new year in the year of the Pig.

Now... I finally logged on after a few days off on Chinese New Year... Blasted the MCV around in Hong Kong (hoping the cops in Hong Kong are all on holiday mood).

Then I see all these discussion on the new Coupe. Strange - but I am not too fond of it... for one very simple reason - I love the paddle shift on my MCV... where the heck is it on this one?!?

Maybe they are just holding it off as an option or something. Looking at some of the comments people made, I must agree, the rear looks nice, the side looks ok... but the front... hmmm, not really my cup of tea.

I must say, the old Coupe/GS/MCV will probably yield a better resale after the launch of this Coupe - costs for this replacement will definitely be high and put them into used Ferrari/Lambo range - unless the dealers in Hong Kong will not jack the price up.

Maybe and just maybe I will swap out of my MCV but would it be for the new Coupe, I must say, I wouldnt for now - it's just not juicy enough... my blood aint boiling nor is my head woozing... i got that when i first saw the MCV's "unofficial pictures" and the design is technically 7 years old at that time.

Vincent,

You've captured exactly what I've been trying to say. At one time I had no idea the modern Maserati existed. Then one day I saw the coupe and BAM! It was love at first sight. Not "the front is great but the butt is ugly (that was my old girlfriend). It was EVERYTHING flowed perfectly (like my new wife). I was obsessed and had to have one (her). I don't feel that way with the the new design. As long as we're going with this analogy, maybe because I'm already in love and it's hard to woo me away. Dunno... Sorry, I don't cheat :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha... very true!

I think when people are looking at exotics (cars in particular), they look at their heart rate... if there's a blip, you will want to have it... it doesnt matter if you have to mortgage your house, sell your kids and/or offer your arse... you will want that piece of metal in your garage.

Strangely I felt much much closer to the MCV than the 360. The 360 will get me the looks but I do feel at home with the MCV... maybe it's that I know I can always sell my 360 and get another one (even in the same trim and colour)... BUT I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET THE SAME MCV - there's only one blu victory in Hong Kong.

I am already contemplating selling the 360 - summer is coming and i think it's best I enjoy the summer and plan for something else next year.

Will I sell my MCV? Yes, I will definitely sell her one day - but that's the day when I see the next "MCV"...

and sorry I do cheat... I have 3 mistresses.... and 1 girlfriend... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Vincent said:
Haha... very true!

I think when people are looking at exotics (cars in particular), they look at their heart rate... if there's a blip, you will want to have it... it doesnt matter if you have to mortgage your house, sell your kids and/or offer your arse... you will want that piece of metal in your garage.

Strangely I felt much much closer to the MCV than the 360. The 360 will get me the looks but I do feel at home with the MCV... maybe it's that I know I can always sell my 360 and get another one (even in the same trim and colour)... BUT I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET THE SAME MCV - there's only one blu victory in Hong Kong.

I am already contemplating selling the 360 - summer is coming and i think it's best I enjoy the summer and plan for something else next year.

Will I sell my MCV? Yes, I will definitely sell her one day - but that's the day when I see the next "MCV"...

and sorry I do cheat... I have 3 mistresses.... and 1 girlfriend... :rolleyes:
And all their names are Jessi? You man-whore! :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
I could have gone with 405hp ...but I would never go to an automatic.

I'm now even happier I put my money on a new boat at the Miami Boat Show last weekend, of course it is much more money but got 1730hp

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I'm keeping my Maser 'til death do us apart.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah baby - I always had this thing for "Jessica"... ebven though none of my ex nor my current girlfriend is called Jessica...

Maybe when I have a daughter, she will be the Jessi of my life! :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congras!

The boat is awesome! I thought about keeping a boat here in Hong Kong but the cost is so high that put me off it.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Vincent said:
Yeah baby - I always had this thing for "Jessica"... ebven though none of my ex nor my current girlfriend is called Jessica...

Maybe when I have a daughter, she will be the Jessi of my life! :D
LOL! I had a girlfriend named Jessica... I share your enthusiasm :D

I lived in/on Jardine's Lookout for a year in 1985. I was a guest of Mr. Yung of Shell Electric fame while an independent product designer. I was spoiled by weekly dinners on Jumbo and frequent high speed BMW rides through the new territories. Spent most of my time in Wanchai but frequented the Kowloon side often for shopping and partying... Ah, the good old days Has much changed???? Gung Hay Fat Choy!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing's changed (partying wise) - just the method is a lot different nowadays... gosh 1985??? I was 10 back then... hahaha - no partying for me.

Most of the partying are now less glamorous... but just as wild!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I read this at Car Magazine:

For those who like the wind in their hair, there are plans to introduce a two-seater Spyder and, for the more power-crazed, there may also be a meatier sports version using the 4.7-litre Maserati V8 from the Alfa Romeo 8C.

...excuse me but did they say a 4.7 litre Maserati V-8???
...coming from the 8C wouldn't it be a 4.7 litre Alfa Romeo V-8???
...grrrrrreat!!! Maserati will now be borrowing an engine from Alfa
I always thought it would be the other way around.
I don't know of a 4.7 litre Maserati engine, does any of you know???

I don't know if it is just me trying to justify spending my money on something else but...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
PacoSaca said:
I read this at Car Magazine:

For those who like the wind in their hair, there are plans to introduce a two-seater Spyder and, for the more power-crazed, there may also be a meatier sports version using the 4.7-litre Maserati V8 from the Alfa Romeo 8C.

...excuse me but did they say a 4.7 litre Maserati V-8???
...coming from the 8C wouldn't it be a 4.7 litre Alfa Romeo V-8???
...grrrrrreat!!! Maserati will now be borrowing an engine from Alfa
I always thought it would be the other way around.
I don't know of a 4.7 litre Maserati engine, does any of you know???

I don't know if it is just me trying to justify spending my money on something else but...

If I wanted that engine, I'd buy the Alfa 8C. In fact, I may do just that!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys, this 4.7L engine is from Maserati... they are using Alfa as the test case this time (kind of like Ferrari did with Maserati).

You know what, I wont be surprised if the replacement for the 430 is called 470 or something close.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts