Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to the site and glad I found it. I have some questions about the Maserati Coupes. I currently drive a Jag XKR and would like to trade for an 03-04 Coupe. This will be my daily driver and main vehicle. I was hoping some of you could shed some light on how these cars are as a daily driver and what to watch out for when looking.
Thank you in advance.
Chris

·
Registered
742 Posts
No problems...

Get an 04 if you can. Make sure you check all the service records.

Seach all the posts. There are numerous ones that detail all the potential problems, pitfulls, costs and joys of ownership. The people on this board are great.

I have an 04 and I drive it all the time except rain and snow. I put about 8,000 miles a year on it. Its very reliable and a blast to drive. I am about 40 minutes from FMNJ and their service department has always treated me great.

Services after 6,000 miles are about $1,000 every 12,500 miles or so. Oil changes are $300 ish each year or every 6,000 miles or so depending on how hard you drive. Your biggest expense is a clutch job anywhere from 15,000 - 30,000 miles ($3,500). F1 pump may also go anywhere between 20,000 - 30,000 miles. Hopefully, you are still in the warranty period. If not its around ($1,500). Tires $800.00 every 12 - 18 K miles. Brakes $600.00.

The car is a serious looker that has passion and a blast to drive. Its the most practical exotic to drive. Very good bang for your buck.

Enjoy. CM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts