Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site and I am looking at buying a 2014 GranTurismo conv. I have been a big BMW guy Seems like they are not an investment as they do not hold their value so I am over that . I have read some of your posts on maintenance and cost . I am in the aviation community and understand preventative maintenance pay me now or pay me more . I wanted to get your thoughts on what is the life of the car if up kept well and possible huge items of concern . One thing I did find is there is not a lot of them on the market not at least the color and interior I am looking for . Dealer is offering a 2 year warranty which I will take
thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am new to the site and I am looking at buying a 2014 GranTurismo conv. I have been a big BMW guy Seems like they are not an investment as they do not hold their value so I am over that . I have read some of your posts on maintenance and cost . I am in the aviation community and understand preventative maintenance pay me now or pay me more . I wanted to get your thoughts on what is the life of the car if up kept well and possible huge items of concern . One thing I did find is there is not a lot of them on the market not at least the color and interior I am looking for . Dealer is offering a 2 year warranty which I will take
thanks
Welcome! There are several folks who use their GT as daily drivers and have quite a few miles on them with little to no issues with proper maintenance. I think the other big thing is to buy the latest model possible to get away from platform (variator, etc.) type issues. I think the 14 on was pretty stable, but I'm sure others will weigh in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! There are several folks who use their GT as daily drivers and have quite a few miles on them with little to no issues with proper maintenance. I think the other big thing is to buy the latest model possible to get away from platform (variator, etc.) type issues. I think the 14 on was pretty stable, but I'm sure others will weigh in.

Thanks just looking for some insight beautiful cars however I do not have any history

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks just looking for some insight beautiful cars however I do not have any history
I've had my 2014 GT Sport for almost a year now and have basically daily driven it since I got it, hard not to!!! Only thing I have done is change the oil a few times. This engine/powertrain has been pretty solid in my experience. Like you, I was/am a bimmer man. But during my brief ownership of the Rati, I've had more problems out of my 535i :|
This car is pretty straight forward, not a ton of computerized crap and the over engineering that BMW is so fond of! Oddly enough, my oil changes have been about the same price as what I pay on my bimmer. Roughly $75 to $85.... (DIY)

·
Registered
684 Posts
2016 bought new....no issues.
5k per year. Changed oil only. Bought the filters online and my oil Maserati spec'd oil.....no issues.

I do not have a dealer within 2 hours and I plan on {continuing} to do all maint thru and indy guy done the road.
(if a warranty issue pops up....and it is serious, I would consider bring it to the dealer)

But for all other issues (if they arise) local will do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts