Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just made the switch to 2006 Quattroporte from a 2006 BMW M5. I absolutely love this car. I thought I would never leave the BMW M family since I've had 3 of them. I would have to say that this F1 trans is just as much fun to drive as the M5. I was wondering if there was a resource to get a quick copy of the owners manual. The dealer lost mine and I have to wait for them to order. I can't wait 3 weeks before I know all the bells and whistles this baby has to offer. Thanks for any info I can get.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hey RX, "You got a fever....and the only prescription is more Quattroporte".

I can't help you with your owners manual but, congrats on the QP and welcome to MaseratiLife!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts

I just traded my 745i on 2006 Quattroporte I picked up for a great deal near Atlanta. I too swore I would never drive anything other than BMW after my first 2. I think it's safe to say that the 7 was my last. One thing that was really helpful to me was to call Ferrari of Atlanta and get them to fax me over ever service record on the car since it was serviced there. I also own an 04 Ferrari F360 that I get serviced by only one authorized in town (New Orleans), and was going to get him to change all fluids and filters in car to make sure all was up to par. Because I was able to get service history, I was able to see that a month prior to my purchase, FOA did an 18.5k service which changed all the fluids and filters, saving me approx. $1,400 fluid and labor. Further, I was able to read in last record that car was due for rear brakes and customer declined. Therfore, instead of wasting all that $$ repeating services, I am getting new brakes, DBW module and Sport Springs from Formula Dynamics. I also already got and installed Tubi! Next plan is to have a used clutch core I am purchasing rebuilt with Kevlar and better harware for half the price of a new clutch that doesn't last as long. I just want to have it ready for a possible clutch change in next year. There is a lot of info I was able to get from this board which was very helpful. I don't have anyway to send you copy of manual, but can answer any questions you might have or look it up for you. The first 2 thing you probably asked were how to make phone and TV work. Short answer is you can't. They have some really good threads on anywhere from using your phone to redoing entire stereo by dismantling and aftermarket touchscreen and placing touch part over factor display. The phone can function by adding an OEM Bluetooth module custom built by one of a few vendors mentioned in threads, or NAV-TV company has one that has just come out or is about to.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just traded my 745i on 2006 Quattroporte I picked up for a great deal near Atlanta. I too swore I would never drive anything other than BMW after my first 2. I think it's safe to say that the 7 was my last. One thing that was really helpful to me was to call Ferrari of Atlanta and get them to fax me over ever service record on the car since it was serviced there. I also own an 04 Ferrari F360 that I get serviced by only one authorized in town (New Orleans), and was going to get him to change all fluids and filters in car to make sure all was up to par. Because I was able to get service history, I was able to see that a month prior to my purchase, FOA did an 18.5k service which changed all the fluids and filters, saving me approx. $1,400 fluid and labor. Further, I was able to read in last record that car was due for rear brakes and customer declined. Therfore, instead of wasting all that $$ repeating services, I am getting new brakes, DBW module and Sport Springs from Formula Dynamics. I also already got and installed Tubi! Next plan is to have a used clutch core I am purchasing rebuilt with Kevlar and better harware for half the price of a new clutch that doesn't last as long. I just want to have it ready for a possible clutch change in next year. There is a lot of info I was able to get from this board which was very helpful. I don't have anyway to send you copy of manual, but can answer any questions you might have or look it up for you. The first 2 thing you probably asked were how to make phone and TV work. Short answer is you can't. They have some really good threads on anywhere from using your phone to redoing entire stereo by dismantling and aftermarket touchscreen and placing touch part over factor display. The phone can function by adding an OEM Bluetooth module custom built by one of a few vendors mentioned in threads, or NAV-TV company has one that has just come out or is about to.
I feel the same way as you. I thought I would never leave BMW. I plan on ordering the lowering springs & 20" sport wheels first. I'll give NAV-Tv a call to order the IPOD & satellite radio connection. My car was just serviced by Maserati of Atlanta & they gave me most of the records. I just hate driving a car without knowing everything about how it works.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Don't forget to install the Drive-by-Wire, it's a MUST have. If you already loves the transmission, wait until you install that thing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.