Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I am a new member to the board. I was hoping to find some information on the new body style Gt Spyder. I was recently at a car show and loved the 2006 spyder gt but was told that a new style will be coming out next year. Has anyone seen any pictures or have any information on price or when the spyder willl be available.

I was thinking of purchasing the GT Spyder as a surprise gift for my wife. I was offered a decent discount on a red 2006 GT but am thinking of waiting for the new body style. Any information would be great.

I currently own a 2006 Corvette Z06 which I will be keeping. I will be trading in my wifes 2002 Convertible Corvette on the Spyder.

Pictures of the new spyder would be great.

Thanks In advance!
Jeff

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
hi and welcome!

there is no official pictures of the new body style coupe / spyder; expect debut in the upcoming international autoshows (paris? geneva?) it is hard to say when the spyder will be coming out. it seems like the news are towards a coupe before the spyder.

in maserati-speak, "GT" besides referring to grand touring, also refers to the 6 speed gear box. GS is most owners short hand for Gransport.

the 2006 spyders are all GS Spyders.
i would get the 06 GS Spyder now and enjoy it with the 'decent discount', as there will not be much for the new spyder when it becomes available.

·
Registered
773 Posts
welcome

lots of maybe post, and photos. going from vett to maserati is a big change. might be a good thing to drive one before any surprise. their is a major difference in all possible points of view.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bundas said:
lots of maybe post, and photos. going from vett to maserati is a big change. might be a good thing to drive one before any surprise. their is a major difference in all possible points of view.
I plan on keeping the 2006 Z06 Corvette. Trading the 2002 Corvette Conv. would be my goal. I have never driven the GS but would think it would be much nicer than my 2002 Corvette. Still deciding whether to wait for the new model. I have seen some spy photos but still not enough info.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
909 Posts
It's probably going to be at least a couple of years before we get a new Spyder model, and I think the GranSport Spyder would be a great step-up from the 02 vette convertible. It is different enough that it definitely warrants a test drive though.

The GranSport Spyder is only available as a Cambiocorsa car, whereas older cars were available in GT (standard 6sp) trim. The gearbox is awesome, especially in the GranSport variants, but does take some getting used to. No different than going from automatic to a standard box, even if you're used to a standard gearbox.

- Mark

·
Registered
530 Posts
and there's no guarantee that when we DO get a new Spyder it won't have some version of the Alfa/GM/Saab Six.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Jeff,

Welcome to the board.
Yes, there is a new model coming for sure but the pictures/spyshots you and all of us have seen rolling around on the net are nothing else than fantasy... there is nothing "official" and as Mark says it may take at least a couple of years before one becomes available in the US.

We do know that the Maserati of today have a highly tuned 400hp Ferrari-derived 4.2 liter V-8 engine and an F1-inspired 6 speed transmission ...who knows what will be under the hood of the new one.

Take a drive on the current model, I bet you'll fall in love with it and will not care if it changes shape or style.

After all that's been said my advice is... take the plunge!!!

my 0.02 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts