Maserati Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
How can we tell the width of rims ?
I am not one to scour the internet looking for ways to argue on a forum. If you like the tires, buy them. If you don't then don't. They fit well on my car, look great, and offer the best performance per dollar I've found thus far. I'm just trying to share my experience.
Erik maybe you missed my question before.

The width of your rims is 10.5" ?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Perhaps I missed it in the thread, but would those 325/30 R19 fit a 2015 Quattroporte S Q4?
Would be easier to help you if we had your wheel info...do you have 19x10's in the rear?
A 325 series tire on that size wheel is a 'no no'

·
Registered
829 Posts
How can we tell the width of rims ?

Erik maybe you missed my question before.

The width of your rims is 10.5" ?
Look on the inside of your rim/wheel.... for info such as this.
This denotes a 8.5" width x 20" diameter wheel.
J is the type of wheel flange, H2 is the rigidity of the wheel.
Offset/ET is measured in mm, 52 in this example.
(ET) is the short form of the German word 'Einpresstiefe' which literally translates as 'insertion depth.
238208 is the manufacturer part number...
Wheel info.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
The best way to tell is to just try it. Every brand will slightly differ in fitment, regardless if the size is the same. The Yokohama 325 30 19s were slightly shorter with less sidewall and much less sidewall bulge than the Zeons (these looked the best). I am comparing new to new. I don't mean to single any one's comments out by what I wrote earlier, but I just don't want anyone to rely on these "size charts" because they all vary a bit and the only consistent measurement is wheel height.

Personally, for whatever reason, I never liked the 285s on the factory BBS QP 19" QP wheels. They looked way too stretched. In all the pics of my car, and everyone's I've seen the sidewall in the front was flat and the one in the rear was curved too far in, as if the rim was too large. On other 10.5" wheels this doesn't happen. The 325s are definitely over spec, but it improves the look and the performance gain is substantial. And at $400 a set INSTALLED, you really can't beat it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just out of curiosity I'll ask my local shop if they can order them and of course the total cost for the pair.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Whats the proper front tire size that works with the rear 325/30s? Also, I have the GTS with 20" rims.

·
Registered
36 Posts
But changing the ratio between the front and rear width did not mess with how balanced the car is?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Whats the proper front tire size that works with the rear 325/30s? Also, I have the GTS with 20" rims.
The sizes they are talking about are for 19" rims and those ratios will not work for 20" rims. Stock rear size for 20" is 295/30-20. So if you go to 315/30 the diameter is larger. And if you drop the profile to 25 even with a 335/25 the diameter is Smaller than stock. So the perfect match for a wider 20" tire is not a simple choice.

I would probably do 315/30/20 (or a 305) because its only a little taller and the 295's look a little small and stretched anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
The sizes they are talking about are for 19" rims and those ratios will not work for 20" rims. Stock rear size for 20" is 295/30-20. So if you go to 315/30 the diameter is larger. And if you drop the profile to 25 even with a 335/25 the diameter is Smaller than stock. So the perfect match for a wider 20" tire is not a simple choice.

I would probably do 315/30/20 (or a 305) because its only a little taller and the 295's look a little small and stretched anyway.
This is very true, which is why I'd stick with the stock front size. The larger wheels support a lower profile tire to keep the ride height and clearance consistent. If possible, just do what I did. Roll the tires up against each other. -.25 in. variance or so, you should be good.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Check out the shipping cost to my country for EACH tire 😁😁😁😁😁 through forward shipping company (Stackry)

PLUS the customs fees and taxes which will be HUGE !!!

Attachments

41 - 56 of 56 Posts