Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Apparently Coopers is well known in US.

In EU and mostly in my country are completely unknown. Tire stores are selling some sizes you can order it if you like, but noone have an experience.

I'm not saying they are not good. I'm saying that people here often prefer to buy reputable well known brand names and they avoid to do experiments with zero support/experience.
Honestly, Cooper is not well known in the US either, except for the more-less offroading tires which they are known not to be good. Lol
Anyway, if anyone has the chance to buy these tires, this is a game changer.

Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Would love to wrap those babies around my stock GT 20x10.5 Neptune's. But it ain't happening with a 325 series tire, even on a 20" wheel. The max anyone should try on a stock GT wheel is a 305.
Emil M139 i know your car is not a GT

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would too. Those tires are massive!! I'll have to see if Cooper makes a 285x35x20 Zeon. At that price it's worth a try.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Would love to wrap those babies around my stock GT 20x10.5 Neptune's. But it ain't happening with a 325 series tire, even on a 20" wheel. The max anyone should try on a stock GT wheel is a 305.
Emil M139 i know your car is not a GT
I dont know what are you talkig about, this is my car, they are a bit bulky but nothing more. They are amazing, this transformed my car!
Totally!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

1. I noticed that the more equivalent of stock 285/35/19 is 335 . Not 325

You should compare 245/40/19 to 325/30/19
Because you are measuring the differences on the front and rear. That has to be similar.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
The tire calculators are only a guide. All brands are different and the tire height changes with wear, or course. If you see the pic I posted above, I removed Yokohama 325 30 19s which were slightly shorter in height than the ZEONs.

As for the brands, if anyone wants to be a "label whore" then fine, Pirelli is the way to go. But those who think "you get what you pay for" in tires are painfully mistaken. I've driven and tracked more sports cars than I can count. I have nearly 100K miles of driving time on this particular Maserati and have had over 1,000,000 miles of driving time NO JOKE. I was the weirdo who drove exotics every single day to work and to school. I put over 100K on a porsche and 126K miles on a Delorean and I've had 2 other Maseratis, NSX, Ferrari and a Lamborghini Jalpa. In all of my driving cars with various on and off-brand tires, I've learned there is ZERO correlation between quality and price with tires. The DOT has standards and the UTQG codes spell out the compositions. So far, for this car anyway, these 325 30 ZEONs are superior out of the tons I've tried. I am not sure how well that brand in a 245 40 will do on the front as I have used other brands on the front.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I dont know what are you talkig about, this is my car, they are a bit bulky but nothing more. They are amazing, this transformed my car!
Totally!

Are your rear wheels 10.5 in width???
My GT wheels are 10.5 in width, and are 20 inches.
A 305 width/series tire is the max recommended for a 10.5 wide wheel.
A 325 width/series tire is too wide to safely mount onto my 10.5x20" width wheel, is what i'm talking about!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
What's the proper width for 325?
A good reference table... not all tire manufacturer's are the same though, so some looks will vary.
For instance: i run a 295 on my stock 10.5 rear which came standard with a 285 tire. A 305 has looked just as nice as the 295 in the Michelin's, but looked a tad bit 'stretched' in a 305 Dunlop.
wheel table.png

·
Registered
782 Posts
Based on that table we should have 12.5 rim for 325-335 tire.

Erik did you put 335 on your 10.5 stock 19 rim?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Based on that table we should have 12.5 rim for 325-335 tire.

Erik did you put 335 on your 10.5 stock 19 rim?
i would go no lower than an 11.5" wheel myself for a 325 tire

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Are your rear wheels 10.5 in width???
My GT wheels are 10.5 in width, and are 20 inches.
A 305 width/series tire is the max recommended for a 10.5 wide wheel.
A 325 width/series tire is too wide to safely mount onto my 10.5x20" width wheel, is what i'm talking about!
I dont know what rims you have, but these tires have made my life great again!
Believe it or not

·
Registered
782 Posts
Fortunately the previous owner replaced the rims with my favorite V shape model from facelift QP 4.7 S and Granturismo. I don't know the width.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fortunately the previous owner replaced the rims with my favorite V shape model from facelift QP 4.7 S and Granturismo. I don't know the width.
Yours is a beautiful car! I mean, that is why we own Pininfarina designed cars, right? I love mine too!

I have those same rims, and love them too. Ripped them on a curb the first weekend, but Rusnak Maserati Pasadena CA fixed it perfectly for $120.

Mine is a facelift 09 QP 4.7 S, so had those rims stock. Best looking rims!

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
I am not one to scour the internet looking for ways to argue on a forum. If you like the tires, buy them. If you don't then don't. They fit well on my car, look great, and offer the best performance per dollar I've found thus far. I'm just trying to share my experience.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts