Maserati Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mark,

I checked and my Costco can get the Michelin PSS. Other than them check with tirerack.com.

As for which tire, I posted in another thread a tire test done a couple years ago in which PSS finished first and P-Zero ninth.

I like spirited driving, not on the edge. I'm an old guy! :smile2:
I will lean toward the PSS as a replacement based on my research.

Installation is another issue. I get my tires for my other vehicles from Costco, but do I let them touch my GT?? TireRack.com lists installers in your area (I think).

Scott
Try calling and talking to a Tire Rack rep.
Additionally, maybe your dealer can order your eventual choice. .

Good luck.

Gents,
Thanks! I'll definitely check COSTCO out since there is one near by. I've bought tires from TireRack.com before, but for some reason they didn't have the Hankocks, I was just curious if there was a major price difference between them and the other two popular choices. As far as performance goes, I drive the car as a daily commuter 12 miles every day and very rarely do i get to actually use it to its max capability :(, and I usually don't drive on the weekends since I live Downtown. Safer to walk :)

Mark

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have Falken PT722 on the car currently. They are all-season, and ride very smooth, but are not the most performance-focused.

I just picked up a second set of wheels and had them powdercoated black and had some fresh Michelin Supersports mounted. They're not on the car yet, but will be in the next week or so when I get some time. I ordered them from Tire Rack. I expect them to be very nice.

·
Registered
450 Posts
There is another option.

In Europe, Maserati now approve the Continental Conti Sport Contact 3 as well as the P Zero. I was sick of P Zero short life rear performance and inside front wear and now have the Continental's on my car and am impressed so far.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hit a pothole and damaged my front left PZero at 17k miles. Fortunately, no damage to suspension or wheel, but seriously knocked alignment out of spec. Installed four new Michelin Pilot Super Sports and am very happy so far. Smooth, quite and handle very well. Too early to judge wear.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts