Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the best handling summer tires out there, but there are other factors to consider such as cost, tread wear, all season, comfort, etc. The Hankook Ventus are a great value if you're not particular about any given factor.

I am looking to replace the stock tires in my car.

Been reading a lot about the Hankook Ventus tires. My local fitter says they do not fit my car, but I see I can buy them at Carid.com

Any thoughts advise on these tires or, perhaps any other you could recommend?

Many thanks

S

·
Registered
427 Posts
I use the Hankook Ventus on my 911tt. They are incredible tire value. My size there is 305/19/35. The PS2 is $500 each and the ventus is $90. The ventus is 95% the tire at 20% the cost. The added bonus is that they have lasted WAY longer than the 8k miles I normally got from MPS.
I think you are exaggerating the price difference between the two tires. Michellin PSS are $339 and Hankook Ventus V12's are $266 on Tirerack in the 305/30-19 size. So maybe 20% less, but not 20% of the cost!

The Hankook Ventus RS-3's are comparable in performance to the Michellin PSS and the are listed at $350 on Tirerack.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm at 9k on my Pirelli PZeros. Fronts look great, backs are just about gone. Question - I plan to switch to Michelins, but am wondering if I should buy PZero rear tires and then switch to Michelins when the fronts wear out or should I switch all four now? What kind of mileage are you getting from your front PZeros?
On these cars, you should get double the miles out of your fronts than your rears, so 18-20K in your case. As to switching to Michelins now or staying with PZero's on the rears while you're waiting for the fronts to wear out, to me it's purely an aesthetic decision.

Outside of looks, I haven't seen a real convincing argument as to how brand new PZero rears would be better than any other brand just because you have worn PZero's on the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts