Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My QP needs tires. Anyone have any experience with the Goodyear F1-D3 with EMT (Run Flat)? I don't carry a spare and would really like to use "run-flats" this time. The Goodyears have a great look and seem to be the only ultra-performance tire for the QP. The non-runflat version of these tires has gotten some excellent reviews. I've heard one report that they give a terrible ride and make a lot of noise; but that was on a corvette.

Any advice or experience about these tires or run-flat tires in general. Anyone know any alternative choices in the QP size and performance requirements.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
29 Posts
Goodyear F1's

kbrookings said:
My QP needs tires. Anyone have any experience with the Goodyear F1-D3 with EMT (Run Flat)? I don't carry a spare and would really like to use "run-flats" this time. The Goodyears have a great look and seem to be the only ultra-performance tire for the QP. The non-runflat version of these tires has gotten some excellent reviews. I've heard one report that they give a terrible ride and make a lot of noise; but that was on a corvette.
I had the Goodyear F1-D3's on my E46 M3 that I traded in my Coupé, and I would say they were best performance tires I have ever owned including Michelin Pilots, Yoko AVS's, Bridgestone Potenza's, ContiSport, etc. The F1's were non 'run-flats' and I found the grip both wet and dry to be excellent. I did not find them loud on the BMW and the ride was the same as other high performance tires. In fact, when the current tires on my '05 Coupé are due for replacement, I intend to try the F1's on the Maser.

As far as F1's on the QP, I don't know of anyone with that experience. I would chat with the folks at The Tire Rack (tirerack.com) as they have their own test track in South Bend and lots of pretty knowledgeable folks... Good Luck.
Leo :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
F1-d3

I have Goodyear F1 on my Coupe and they are very good. I also have them on my Mercedes E430 and they have been by far the best tires in my experience (best traction, best noise level).

When time comes I plan to keep them on the Maserati Coupe, but probably replace on Merc with some all-season (the F1 don't last very much and are not the greatest on snow; sometimes I use the Merc on snow in the winter and I hate to put on chains in extreme conditions).

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
In many Car and Driver and Autoweek articles, it is mentioned that the run-flat version of these tires has such a stiff sidewall that they cause tire hop and traction loss on rough surfaces. The non-run-flat version would be my choice from everything I have read.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts