Maserati Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Remove rear facing and climate controls to diagnose non working buttons on those and the shade-lock panel. Those now work (no display though) so no idea what went on. Removed radio faceplate to investigate radio speaker outputs for a possible swap to a radio that does turn on when it should but as I now see, the head unit is not under the screen but beneath it so fitting a conventional deck is not possible. Bummer.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Went for a short drive tonight, weather slightly wet and not hot. I got into my driveway just as the "coolant temperature overheat" warning came up. Not sure what caused that (yes, overheating coolant but why?) but it's late, I'm tired and just don't have the heart to start looking. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
No one else does Maserati stuff? Anyway, today, I changed my thermostat and upper-lower rad lines. I had forgotten to order the O ring for the thermostat and had to drive 2.5 hours (round trip) to pick one up. Cleaned up some scale at the undertray mounting points and painted those over. Tedious job but glad I did it.

·
Registered
2007 Quattroporte DuoSelect
76 Posts
No one else does Maserati stuff? Anyway, today, I changed my thermostat and upper-lower rad lines. I had forgotten to order the O ring for the thermostat and had to drive 2.5 hours (round trip) to pick one up. Cleaned up some scale at the undertray mounting points and painted those over. Tedious job but glad I did it.
I need to do this, how long did it take? I also need to do valve cover gaskets, spark plugs and an oil change...oh and have the AC unit rebuilt 😑

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Yeesh, lots of stuff but take one atta time and you will be fine. No idea about a/c but removing shouldn't be too difficult. As for the other stuff, lots of writeups. The thermostat and lines took me the better part of the day BECAUSE I had forgotten to order a new gasket and had to drive an hour to get it so with turnaround, 2.5 hours lost on that $15 (cdn) gasket. Don't reuse the old one...too much risk. Valve covers, never done them and when I do, I will remove the fuel rail to send the injectors for cleaning. Plugs took be a slow couple of hours as it was my first time but not difficult. the rear plugs are the hardest to get to but I did those without pulling the cowl and wipers. Since you have to remove the airbox to do most of this stuff, you won't be repeating that 3 times so you should be o.k. getting this done in a day. Draining and flushing the coolant is probably the longest part. You should see some recent writeups in the topic menu. Good luck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Ahhhhh, put everything back together (rad hoses, thermostat) and looked into the parts box only to find the new resistor. So, back over the pit (as it was impossible for me to reach under with a Phillips to remove the retaining screws), made a "special" tool to remove the 2 screws and swapped the resistor. Good thing as the old one was cracked. That may have led to the popped fuse and overheat.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Put my drivers door panel back together with my mended mirror switch. It won't last forever so looking for a suitable replacement. Will be removing my drivers seat (tilting anyway) so I can remove the plastics and get to a defective heat switch that turns itself on sometimes. Driving along and things suddenly get toasty...and the venting switch only turns on to setting 1. May explore removing the entertainment unit to explore a defective cooling fan or if there is a thermal fuse as when the car sits under the sun stereo goes into it's "no sound" mode so wondering if it is a combination of heat from usage or also ambient temperature that sets that issue off. I have not driven during cold weather so I may be way off here.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Went for her safety inspection, passed, then took Mrs. Oishi on a long blast through the countryside. My favorite twisty road got repaved about a month ago, and it was epic. 400 of Enzo's best singing through those Tubis, this is why we own these wonderful machines. Bella Machina!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts