Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of ordering a 2005 Spyder for spring delivery. I have not decided yet, being a bit concerned about resale value and also because I am having a hard time finding what it actually costs to maintain the car!

Question to people who ordered/bought new: What kind of price under MSRP can one expect? I have heard of people getting big discounts off new, and buying used can save one $20,000-$30,000. I may go used but would prefer new so I can get one exactly how I want it.

The closest dealer is 130 miles away and they just got their franchise. They do not have any Spyders available for sale at all right now, which makes me wonder if they will be ready to discount just yet. They are calling me as soon as they have an unsold Spyder in stock for me to test drive. I know Ferraris are MSRP items, but this car does not seem to have the market power the Ferraris have.

Also- is the Cambiocorsa really that abrupt-shifting? I may be better off with a GT.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I got 11% off list of car and any options I ordered with it except the Tubi. I saved about $10,000 on my 2004 GT which I also wanted to order so I could get car exactly as I wanted plus I live in the Northeast so like ordering cars in fall to get just in time for spring driving. I absolutely love my car and am planning on trading in, in the fall of 2005 for the next Generation. Have driven car for over 5 months now and not one single problem. with a 4 year warranty all it should cost you is about $300 for dealer oil change every year.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I agree with Scott.

Ive had my car about 2 months now and it just keeps getting better.
Not one problem so far.

I can shift the Cambiocorsa very smoothly now, especially in the non-sport mode.

I would also suggest you order a new car. That way you can choose all the options you want. Have you considered the Grandsport?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The car has been very reliable so far but be aware that there is a face-lifted model out. You can go check it out in the Maserati site but also keep in mind that the all new model is due in 2006. This all means that you can probably get a great deal on the '04 models currently in the showroom.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got my Spyder Cambio 2 weeks ago. I had gotten to know the lead sales person quite well over a few months as I was deciding which car to buy. As such, he knew that I was fairly well informed on what kind of deals I could get online from DupontRegistry and eBay, etc.

That being said, when we sat down to negotiate, he automatically offered a $12,000 USD discount from the base price of the car I was looking at (MSRP was $105,500 USD). From what I had read on these boards, I figured the addition of a Tubi exhaust would be $2500 to $3500 USD, and I got him to add the exhaust for $1500. So my final price for the car with a Tubi was $95,000 USD.

I probably could have shaved off a few more thousand but at that point I figured that I had a good relationship with the sales person, and that rather than deal hard and potentially piss him off, I would take the offer.

D. Min

·
Registered
5 Posts
new sales price

I would definitely look for a 2004, I just took delivery on a 2004 Cambio Spyder loaded, and got 13% off of MSRP.... love the car, still learning how to shift it a bit smoother, but so far so good...

·
Registered
16 Posts
new sales price

I bought my 2004 spyder cambio at the end of May. sticker was 104,857 and I paid an even 90,000. I have had a few issues with the car.. all minor stuff and the dealer (long island) has been very helpful. the shifting does take a bit to learn to drive smoothly but it is a great choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts