Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Maserati is coming out with a newly redesigned coupe in 2007, what is going to happen to the prices of the current coupe? Are the prices going to fall or stay the same? What does everyone think?

From what I have seen in the past, a new model usually craters the price on the older model.

Thanks,
Zearnold

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
my guess is, it will not change much its value. the current coupe/spyder has depreciated consistently with the GS holding slightly better. the market for the past year has 02's plateauing at $40k.

if anything, its value is dependent how these cars hold up post-warranty, whether an inexpensive factory extended warranty becomes available, etc etc.

for one thing, the new 2007 coupe is now speculated to be a 2-dr version of the QP with 500hp. don't expect it to be cheap!

(now, if they come out with a cheaper V6 coupe, it will strengthen the giugiaro designed coupe/spyders' value).

in any case, you will be looking at a huge difference from a new 2007 coupe at $110k+ vs a 02 coupe at $40k.
i don't think it will disturb the value of current coupe/spyders much; it actually makes them look like a bargain.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's hard to see how much more the price could crater. I picked up my Spyder @ 3 years old and the prior owner took a 66% depreciation hit. From my point of view that's a great deal for me.

No one knows what the "new" coupes/spyders will be. I'm hearing the coupe is going to be a shortened version of the QP with a 450 or 500 HP Ferrari V-8. Then the Spyder is supposed to get a V-6 Alfa engine. If that happens I can only see the prices of the current ones holding firm if not increasing.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I agree.. But how important is a residual value?

I agree with M! and Steeldream.

A lot depends on what the new Maserati is and how much it costs.

I bought my 04 Maserati because of its style, performance and value. I am fully aware of all the potential pitfalls and service costs. I plan to drive and enjoy my car for many years. It makes me very happy.

I am not aware of any other daily driver cars that would appreciate as you drive them. I never gave any consideration to the residual value because I have no control over it. Whatever the market will bear will ultimately determine it. I am pretty sure a Maserati coupe will continue to depreciate as the miles and years add up just like Ferrari, Lambo, and Aston Martin.

To be honest, I think the next coupe will be well north of 100K and out of my price range.

If you find a Maserati you love, just buy it, drive it and enjoy it. CM

·
Registered
681 Posts
They've been sitting at $40 for a while. They're not going to move much from here, I know this market better than any.

·
Registered
773 Posts
value

i noticed a 02 spyder did not draw $40000 bid on e-bay with two hr. to go. since i have same car that was an eye opener! but as soon as i drove the car again all was forgiven, great experience! just as good as first time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts