Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a QP two years ago. At 4100 miles the rear tire had to be replaced. I just now have had to again replace the rear tires at 8200 miles.
I was told they will have to replace again at 12000. The are the tires that will run flat. The reason given was the weight of the car and the sides of the tires. I am a conservative driver - the car is rarely driven hard.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I purchased a QP two years ago. At 4100 miles the rear tire had to be replaced. I just now have had to again replace the rear tires at 8200 miles.
I was told they will have to replace again at 12000. The are the tires that will run flat. The reason given was the weight of the car and the sides of the tires. I am a conservative driver - the car is rarely driven hard.
sounds like u are trying to qualify for the formula d drift series. something sound s fishy for the tires to wear that fast with out laying rubber down all the time. if i drive hard in my vette i will go thru rears in 5k. i dont think the qp should.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
My coupe just turned 7500 miles and the rears are down to the wear bars. With the number of times I turn MSP off and leave white clouds and black patches behind me, I'm surprised how long they've lasted.

I agree that something sounds fishy with the QP. Sounds like an alignment or wheel problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
my '07 Sport GT has 8300 miles with approx.50% used. I drive it very hard, but drive lots of long runs. All four tires are very even.
Maybe I just good a good one.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I think the QP's need wider tires. 4,200 or 8,200 miles is ridiculous for tire wear. Are you talking 19" or 20" wheels?

I saw the new QP at F of SF last week and was surprised how narrow the tires are for such a heavy car.

Take a look at what Novitec is doing for the QP.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did you check your car's alignment?
Where the wear is located? On the outer or the inside part of the tyre?
And finally and most important, what tyres do you have and what weight indication they have 93Y or 97Y?
Standard tread ar assymetric?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts