Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably one of the cars with the longest name!

The 4.7l engine is now paired with a tighter car.

The technical changes to the new Quattroporte Sport GT S in respect to the Quattroporte S concern four areas:
• the mapping of the V8 4.7 litre engine, with power increased to 323kW;
• the gearshift management software, with new features designed to increase driving enjoyment;
• the front and rear suspension system featuring single-rate dampers, stiffer springs and lower ride height;
• the sports exhaust controlled by pneumatic valves for a deep, throaty and captivating sound.

The sportier and more aggressive look is also evident due to the interior and exterior stylistic choices:
• the new black grille with concave vertical fins featuring the Trident logo with red accents, typical of the sportier versions of Maserati models;
• the new headlights, in metallic titanium finish;
• the side and rear “shadow line”, which includes black finishing around the doors, body-coloured door handles and black twin oval exhaust pipes,
• the new M-design seats with perforated Alcantara® and leather upholstery;
• the standard trim in Titantex, a “titanium coloured” composite material.

http://www.maserati.com/maserati/en/en/index/passion/news-events/Quattroporte-Sport-GT-S.html

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
It will be interesting how the updated, more sporty automatic gearbox will feel. The owners site implies throttle blip downshifts. Looks like it has the same exhaust as the GranTurismo S and we know what that sounds like. Love the concave grille vs. the normal convex. If I have one critcism its the rims, not sporty enough and undoubtedly tough to clean. I would guess they'll price at $150k-$160K.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My only concern is that with this latest version the GT S and QP Sport GT S are very, very similar products, perhaps potentially cannibalising sales from each other.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Isn't this the replacement for the old Sport GT S ?

All very confusing and rather unnecessary in my book. Why not build a QP and offer an "Executive" package and a "Sport" package and be done without all the confusing naming? That I suppose would be too simple and logical :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.