Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Enrico's Maserati site for the tip:

Maserati UK and American Express Centurion are delighted to announce the arrival of the new Maserati Quattroporte for Centurion special series. Officially unveiled at Forbes House, in London’s Belgravia in front of an exclusive audience of American Express black card holders, the Pininfarina designed luxury saloon was received with great enthusiasm.

The Maserati Quattroporte for Centurion special series is exclusively built to order: finished in stunning metallic Nero Carbonio (carbon black), it features a sumptuous Bianco Polare (polar white) Poltrona Frau® leather interior with embossed Centurion logo on the headrests, a bespoke numbered plaque, titanium coloured trim and 20” ball polished rims.

The Maserati Quattroporte for Centurion special series is based on the latest evolution of Maserati’s iconic flagship saloon, combining distinctive Italian styling with prodigious performance and peerless driving dynamics. The styling is characterised by the radiator grille, a ‘modern’ classic of Maserati design, accompanied by a range of enhanced technological features, with their most eye-catching expression in the LED rear-light clusters.

The Maserati Quattroporte for Centurion 4.2 is powered by an impressive 400 hp 4.2 litre V8 engine, powering the car to a top speed of 167 mph and allowing it to sprint from 0 to 62 mph in just 5.6 seconds. The fully automatic ZF gearbox ensures a smooth and responsive ride in all conditions.

The Maserati Quattroporte for Centurion 4.7 represents the ultimate fusion of the luxury saloon with Maserati’s renowned sporting prowess. With a 4.7 litre, 430 hp engine under the bonnet, the Maserati Quattroporte for Centurion 4.7 is propelled to an eye watering top speed of 174 mph with a blistering 0 to 62 mph time of just 5.4 seconds. The dual-cast brake discs, combined with the car’s near perfect weight distribution ensure that the Maserati Quattroporte for Centurion 4.7 offers an unparalleled driving experience.

Prices will start from £88,315 for the Maserati Quattroporte for Centurion 4.2 and £94,185 for the Maserati Quattroporte for Centurion 4.7.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Great compliment to that carbon-fiber AMEX Black card you bought it with.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
this is a very dumb edition.... in many ways....

i can understand maserati partnering with a designer or etc but with amex?
certainly the centurion represents the best of amex' clients. but if the centurion is their best, they would they offer a 4.2 as well? just the 4.7 would be sufficient.

as well, who would want an american express logo on the headrest??

i much rather have the trident.
as well, the amex's name centurion is going to be confusing with maserati's upcoming (in a few years) own 100th anniversary edition.

Bugatti just announced their Bleu Centenaire for their 100th.

·
Registered
633 Posts
What was the Quattroporte Cento about then? If it wasn't for a 100th anniversary?

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is a very dumb edition.... in many ways....

i can understand maserati partnering with a designer or etc but with amex?
certainly the centurion represents the best of amex' clients. but if the centurion is their best, they would they offer a 4.2 as well? just the 4.7 would be sufficient.

as well, who would want an american express logo on the headrest??

i much rather have the trident.
as well, the amex's name centurion is going to be confusing with maserati's upcoming (in a few years) own 100th anniversary edition.
Completely agree!

What was the Quattroporte Cento about then? If it wasn't for a 100th anniversary?
The Collezione Cento, was simply a limited edition (100 cars) one-off model of the 4.2 QP (automatic).

·
Registered
905 Posts
absolutely retarded.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Centurion

While I would never consider buying this edition (I have an '08 QP GTS and a black card - but they wouldn't let me charge the entire price of the car to the card), it has nothing to do with a 100 year anniversary. Officers in the Roman army were called centurions. Every AmEx card - green, gold, platinum and black - has a profile of a Roman centurion on the front of the card. There shouldn't be any confusion about Roman officers and anniversaries.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
While I would never consider buying this edition (I have an '08 QP GTS and a black card - but they wouldn't let me charge the entire price of the car to the card), it has nothing to do with a 100 year anniversary. Officers in the Roman army were called centurions. Every AmEx card - green, gold, platinum and black - has a profile of a Roman centurion on the front of the card. There shouldn't be any confusion about Roman officers and anniversaries.
very good point!

we are talking about maserati's upcoming 100th anniversary btw.

·
Registered
147 Posts
While it doesn't appeal to me personally, it's a simple marketing and financial decision. Maserati and the Centurion card (as well as its holders) are arguably a perfect match / marriage of brands.

Anyone else wonder why they didn't go with black wheels?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I LOVE the interior, but as a mechanic...not gonna work for me on the drive home...lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts