Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The keys of my QP were breaking down. I did repair them a few times and even sprayed them in the body colour of my car.....but I felt safer ordering new ones. Let's ask 2. Didn't ask the price.
So for future references:

Today I picked up the car: 420Euro for 2 keys and 120Eu for linking them with my car.......Good thing is that it looks as if they improved them a bit.....the original ones had a problem that the electronic "wafer" (don't know the correct word) in the key moved if the keys fell. Once dislocated the rubber remote buttons on the key did not touch the tiny electronic switches on that "wafer" any longer. Opening the keys and relocating the "wafer" into its place solved it again....but you can open and glue the keys so many times....

·
Registered
530 Posts
Someone else, maybe Demoe, recounted dropping the keys in a parking lot, having them come apart, and then being unable to start the car. Good reason to carry a spare.

$250-$300 a key isn't really all that steep. My wife's ancient Volvo is $150 per and the daughter unit has lost 3 sets! It's especially inexpensive relative to finding oneself standing, key in hand, in front of a suddenly empty parking space!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i was able to recognize my QP's key from other QP keys at the service centre just by the chips...

JGT, how did they improve them? same finish?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Improvements are suttle at the best. It's the same finish so chips will happen again! Differences:

*Tridente logo now not in the middle of the key but slightly above that
*Rubber buttons seem slightly more solid (I have the complete car now on the button to open the trunk and not only the back half and the pictures on the buttons are turned 90º clockwise)
* they seem to weight slightly more (don't have an envellope scale to be sure though)

Overall: feel slightly more solid. Chip problems will stay. Hopefully the problem of moving parts inside when you drop them is solved (cross my fingers)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I noticed the difference in the keys too. Have to agree with JGT keys are kind of expensive, all in all paid $ 550.00 including programming. New keys seem to work a lot better though and are more solid. Dropped them on the floor a couple of times already and still work fine. I don't know what it is with these keys the seem to be magically attracted to the floor ;)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
JGT/QPIE003 please post some pics of the new and old keys side by side.

·
Registered
773 Posts
$$$$

cost of keys, not any different than other cost of maserati parts. lost keys, talk about a real experience! columbus dealer hit me for $3800.00 you figure, honest?/not

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And last but not least the internals of the old keys....the 3 electronic micro buttons are the problem since the little "wafer" sometimes relocates within the key som that the rubber buttons are not on top of these tiny bottons

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts