Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally broke down and added a QP to the stable after admiring the car since they first came out. I purchased a 2005 with about 20,000 miles at a great price, and picked up the car in Utah yesterday for a very enjoyable drive back to the LA area. The car is unbelieveable and, in my view, represents one of the best values out there for a semi-exotic luxury car, especially pre-owned. I expect that this will become my daily driver.

The car is still under warranty, but I would like to take it to the dealer to have it serviced and generally looked over. I'm between Beverly Hills and Auto Gallery and wonder if there are opinions on the skills of these two Maserati service departments? I'm also curious if wheels from a GS will fit the QP? My QP has the 11-spoke 18" wheels, but I like the look of some of the factory rims that I've seen on a few GSs and Spyders. Alternatively, I've been considering the 19" ball-polished wheels that came with certain QP models. Does anyone have a set of 19" take-offs from a GS or QP they might consider selling?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/tips/leads!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Very Nice...

I have the same interior.. I would skip the 19"s and just go for the 20"s...looks much better.

Congrats sharp looking car!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congrats. The Maserati burgundy leather is beautiful.

Watch Clarkson and the top gear guys review the new QP on top gear, easily found on youttube. They feel that the car is way too skittish with the bigger wheels and that the great handling of the earlier car that they tested with the 18 inch wheels was compromised with the bigger wheels. Just a thought.

Dolle Dolf

·
Registered
695 Posts
The car is still under warranty, but I would like to take it to the dealer to have it serviced and generally looked over. I'm between Beverly Hills and Auto Gallery and wonder if there are opinions on the skills of these two Maserati service departments?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/tips/leads!
I have no service experience with these shops, but Maserati of Pasadena (owned by FoBH) may be closer to you.

EDIT: Nevermind, Beverly Hills/Pasadena service is the same location for Ferrari and Maserati.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Watch out for potholes if you get 19's or 20's.

IMHO changing from 18's to 19-20" makes the car a bit of a fashion victim - the handling is generally not improved, ride suffers, and a pothole is much more likely to bend a rim or give you a flat.

I have 19's on my GS Spyder. They look very cool, but so did nehru jackets.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I live in Ventura but take my car yearly to Las Vegas for service. Excellent service department - they just seem more knowledgeable than the local shops. This works well for me because major service is only once per year and I'm up there yearly anyway. I drop it off on the day I arrive and pick it up before leaving town. Painless.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you ever have any experience with Auto Gallery service, good or bad? Vegas is probably a bit far for me, but I've been hearing good things about Orange County.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The old service manager Gary was a great guy... then Max came. Not so great a guy, a bit of a douche.

He said that the 18.5 service was about 2.3k, I said it is just fluids and he responded with "Well, if you cant afford a two thousand dollar oil change you shouldnt be driving one of these cars. Jiffylube cant do oil changes on Maseratis you know"

Douche.

I went to OC, got the same thing done, for about 1300, AND he gave me anew clutch for 700

Mitch is the best, and is always there to answer questions too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a month-long warranty battle with Auto Gallery before they finally tore down the car and replaced the faulty torque tube that was causing that nagging 4K RPM rattle. Granted, it's the same person (Erik Deck) who approves the warranty work both in Nevada and Southern California, but Auto Gallery did a poor diagnostic job and Max insisted it was the clutch because "these cars have had many clutch problems." Didn't seem to matter to him that I have a manual transmission. When he asked if this was the first Maserati I have owned I nearly lost it. Lack of good service is probably why this will be my first and last Maserati. Fortunately the car runs like a dream and only requires yearly maintenance. For me it's worth the drive to Vegas. They are that good. Very thorough. You may not do everything they suggest, but at least you know what's up with your car when they are done. I think they ranked in the top three for dealers. Nobody in California made the list - so I'm told. Also, I think the 18K service was ~ $1,400, but I'd have to check my receipt to be certain.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Yup.

Max is a douche.

It's settled... I wonder what MNA would do if they saw threads like this,with people saying they wont buy a Maserati again because of the Auto Gallery Dealership.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe someone should let MNA know......
I'm going to start with OC - they are a bit more geographically desirable for me than Vegas. Thanks for all of the input and advice.
Merry X-mas everyone!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks. How do you like the ride on the 20's? I'm concerned that it will get a bit too harsh.
I just a Sport GT with the 20's and I am really surprised at how compliant the ride is. I think that rim damamge of some sort is inevitable over train tracks, etc but I am very pleased with the overall handling/comfort balance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts