Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger a month ago for a 2007 QP Exec automatic. I've waited years for Mas to get their quality and tranny dialed in. They are there. It's an incredible ride. I've driven all the exotics and own a Porsche. The QP is a unique and different beast. The best description is that it's the 4 door Ferrari should have made (and it's half the price).

The good: engine sound, interior (the Italians are lovers...), exterior style, handling and pickup for a 4 door, incredible brakes (as good as my Porsche!), the kids love the semi-reclining back seats and to be able to move mom's (the front passenger's seat) seat forward from the back, quiet interior (good and bad, can't hear the engine very well when accelerating), wife approved (doesn't like the Porsche, "it drives like a go-cart" - yeah!), Sport button - you get the best of both worlds (smooth and aggressive for both engine & suspension), you don't see yourself coming and going a lot (ie not many QP's around....yet), simple to operate no BMW type iDrive!!

The not so good: Touchy gas and brake, around town you have to be very light footed to stop and go smoothly (even more than the Porsche, just takes getting use to), the brakes really clamp. The back side sun shades should have been automatic, not manual, a bit annoying. If you care: the trunk is not as large as other high end "boxy" BMW and Merc sedans (most people have an SUV these days). Not enough radio preset buttons, still can't figure out how to have the NAV on and the radio off??, NAV is ok (these will never be as good as the portable ones though.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Pulled the trigger a month ago for a 2007 QP Exec automatic. I've waited years for Mas to get their quality and tranny dialed in. They are there. It's an incredible ride. I've driven all the exotics and own a Porsche. The QP is a unique and different beast. The best description is that it's the 4 door Ferrari should have made (and it's half the price)...
welcome and congrats. Aren't you glad it works a thousand times better than the tiptronic?

The not so good: Touchy gas and brake, around town you have to be very light footed to stop and go smoothly (even more than the Porsche, just takes getting use to), the brakes really clamp...
good throttle response, that's exactly what a "four door ferrari" should be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts