Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up!

The 4.2 has the super small shifters. They have a satisfactory "click" sound when pressing but I hate the feel and hate that they are so small that I have to keep my hand in place to gear while turning (as opposed to having the MC shifters that can be reached basically from anywhere).
The 400$+ pricetag for those are rather high though, + shipping, customs and VAT to Norway. Probably ends up at 600$ for 2 pieces of carbon (that doesnt really match anything else in my car).

Does anyone have experience using aftermarket shifters in carbon or aluminium? What's your thoughts? I like the metallic feel as opposed to plastic. Also, how easy are they to replace, you can use the wiring and just detach the actual shifter with a screwdriver no?

Appreciate all tips.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Maybe of interest:

They were machined as a 1:1 copy of the OEM carbon fibre paddle.
Not sure about current availability though.

·
Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
107 Posts
Maybe of interest:

They were machined as a 1:1 copy of the OEM carbon fibre paddle.
Not sure about current availability though.
FD has them for $685 USD Ouch!!

·
Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
107 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
What's up!

The 4.2 has the super small shifters. They have a satisfactory "click" sound when pressing but I hate the feel and hate that they are so small that I have to keep my hand in place to gear while turning (as opposed to having the MC shifters that can be reached basically from anywhere).
The 400$+ pricetag for those are rather high though, + shipping, customs and VAT to Norway. Probably ends up at 600$ for 2 pieces of carbon (that doesnt really match anything else in my car).

Does anyone have experience using aftermarket shifters in carbon or aluminium? What's your thoughts? I like the metallic feel as opposed to plastic. Also, how easy are they to replace, you can use the wiring and just detach the actual shifter with a screwdriver no?

Appreciate all tips.
I am selling my original GT SPORT shifter paddles. PM me if interested.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts