Maserati Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I became the proud first-time owner of a 2005 Coupe GT, Netuno Blue, with Skyhook and I could never have done it without all the great info available on this forum - thanks!

I pick the car up Friday and am looking forward to being part of the Maserati madness!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Welcome!!!

And congrats!!! You'll be looking for excuses to go out for a drive from now on!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I got the one from The Auto Gallery...probably paid a little too much, but I just loved the car. There is a nice red 2005 Coupe GT with Skyhook for sale at Jem Motor Cars in Hollywood, and I drove that one too, but the Netuno Blue was the one for me...plus better option package.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, I got the one from The Auto Gallery...probably paid a little too much, but I just loved the car. There is a nice red 2005 Coupe GT with Skyhook for sale at Jem Motor Cars in Hollywood, and I drove that one too, but the Netuno Blue was the one for me...plus better option package.
Yeah, I was looking at the photos of it this morning. Then later this afternoon there was a "Pending" overlay on the dealer's listing. I'm keeping my eye out for an '05 CC Coupe as well. Have to raise the WAF a bit first but she's slowly coming around.:D

Had a chance to follow behind a new black GT today. The Maser dealer (Desert European) is just down the street and the salesman Alex was out on a test drive with a potential buyer I assume. I know his test drive route so I turned off the radio, opened the windows, and stayed right behind them. Hehehe. Nice exhaust note on that thing!

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Yesterday I became the proud first-time owner of a 2005 Coupe GT, Netuno Blue, with Skyhook and I could never have done it without all the great info available on this forum - thanks!

I pick the car up Friday and am looking forward to being part of the Maserati madness!
Welcome aboard. The one key piece of advice is to DRIVE IT. A Maserati was meant to be driven, and driven hard, not a garage queen....

·
Registered
58 Posts

Congrats on your recent purchase. I hope that it brings you years of motoring pleasure. =)

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Registered
211 Posts
congrats!!

Drive her like you stole her! Don't get discourged by the shifting, just keep the sport button on, and if/when you get a chance install the DBW from formula dynamics. BTW a K40 is probably a must have so my advise if to make that investment!!

all the best!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Drive her like you stole her! Don't get discourged by the shifting, just keep the sport button on, and if/when you get a chance install the DBW from formula dynamics. BTW a K40 is probably a must have so my advise if to make that investment!!

all the best!
Moosety - what's a K40? My first thought after my first drive is that the first mod should be the stiffer FD springs I have read about -the car does have some serious squat under acceration with the stock springs! Not that this is altogether a bad thing....;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Moosety - what's a K40? My first thought after my first drive is that the first mod should be the stiffer FD springs I have read about -the car does have some serious squat under acceration with the stock springs! Not that this is altogether a bad thing....;)
K40 is a brand of radar detector.

Eric

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.