Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been looking for a GS but ran across a 2004 CC Coupe that I could not pass up. I pick it up tomorrow. It is Argentine blue with a tan interior. I can't wait.

Cheers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picking it up this afternoon

I will hopefully have some pics up over the weekend.

I kept hearing horror stories about owning a Maserati, but the only people who had bad things to say were non-owners. I hope this car is as good as everyone tells me it is.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I think you'll like it a lot, as long as you go in knowing it will be a little quirky. These things aren't some piece of common, well-debugged metal like a Porsche.

·
Registered
237 Posts
There are no "horror stories," there are "annoyances" but that shouldn't deter you, the car is special enough to offset those occassional inconveniences. I'd date a supermodel if I could....probably a pain int he ass but who cares?!

·
Registered
835 Posts
the only horror stories are these beauties being left in the garage. word of advise, drive it hard drive it fast :D

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
There are no "horror stories," there are "annoyances" but that shouldn't deter you, the car is special enough to offset those occassional inconveniences. I'd date a supermodel if I could....probably a pain int he ass but who cares?!
very true.
but you get pleasure somewhere else. ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally took delivery

Only a few days late but I was sad not to have had the chance to dive over the weekend. So far I am very impressed with the car. This is the first front engine, sports/GT car I have owned so the feeling is new to me. I have a hard time believing that this car is, on paper, as fast as my F355 was but it is quick. The exhaust note is a bit disappointing but until the factory warranty is up, no Tubi for me. I will get a chance over the weekend to really open it up and Take some decent pics.
If any of you all have tracked your car, please let me know how it was. I have ridden in a GS around a track with a professional driver so I do not count that as a real world experience.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
...The exhaust note is a bit disappointing but until the factory warranty is up, no Tubi for me....Thanks
why? installing a tubi does not void the entire car's warranty.
Ferrari of NA was bitching about aftermarket parts but MNA hasn't.
no one here has any trouble with MNA by installing tubis or etc.

go for it, especially if you already spend all that money on a maserati and feels the exhaust is disappointing. you will love the sound.

for $1500, you can be happier.

paul, this is leo.
leo, this is paul.
http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2664

leo, this is your local buyer for your tubi. ;)

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Actually, many of the Maserati Dealers are also Tubi dealers. My dealer offers Tubi as a "dealer installed option" with the purchase.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The exhaust note is a bit disappointing but until the factory warranty is up, no Tubi for me.
Paul, I live in Fort Worth, and just so you are aware of it, I have had factory warranty work on my previous Tubi-equipped 2005 Coupe done at both of the Dallas FM dealers - no problem. The Tubi in no way affected my warranty that I am aware of - and in fact, it was originally installed by the Houston FM dealer where I purchased the car new, but with the Tubi.

Good luck with your new Coupe, I know that you are going to love it! :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tubi

Ferrari/Maserati apparently issues a TSB to the dealers about after market parts and the issues that some have had. I think this is a fairly recent deal. I will double check over the weekend.

Cheers

·
Registered
455 Posts
Paul,

That color combination is beautiful. I know you will enjoy the car. Does it have the chrome rims? I have only seen one and it was a spectacular example.

I've had mine for 3 years now with no major issues, aside from an incident where service wanted to update my transmission software to old lady mode.

The first 3-4 months of ownership, I did not have a tubi and after the install it was like a different car, so much more exciting to drive. When I see a coupe with standard exhaust I am reminded of what a great decision I made to have the tubi installed. Mine was installed by the dealer as well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has the ball polished wheels

Paul,

That color combination is beautiful. I know you will enjoy the car. Does it have the chrome rims? I have only seen one and it was a spectacular example.

I've had mine for 3 years now with no major issues, aside from an incident where service wanted to update my transmission software to old lady mode.

The first 3-4 months of ownership, I did not have a tubi and after the install it was like a different car, so much more exciting to drive. When I see a coupe with standard exhaust I am reminded of what a great decision I made to have the tubi installed. Mine was installed by the dealer as well.

If it would stop raining in Houston I will clean it and take some pics.

I am very happy with it so far. Cannot decide on the tubi yet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I finally took some pics.

Here are a few. The interior is dark blue on the dash and cuoio sella with blue stitching on the seats doors and headliner.

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
Nice color. So you have the vintage package. My Spyder has it also. Adds a nice bit of chrome in the right places.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts