Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I took the plunge, dumped my SLK and found a beautiful used Spyder with all the options - Red! Mastering the transmission is taking some time but damn the car can MOVE! I have been reading your posts for several months and they have been a great source of information as well as entertainment. Yeah, I've had the car for a week and already been asked, "Who makes Maserati anyway?" and "Is it fast?" AND have been the object of at least two photo-ops (I'm over 50 so I don't think I was the object of the young lady's photo!)

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with Maserati of Washington DC? I exchanged e-mails with them when I was shopping for a car but they did not seem to be too interested in my business - and I ended up buying my car at the Aston Martin Dealer. The former owner traded down - what can I say? But I live near the Maserati dealer and it would be real convenient to have my car serviced there.

Save Ferris!

Cheers, Ollie

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome to Maserati! I am sure you will enjoy your spider greatly. Hope the weather stays nice for you up in the DC area. Sorry I can't help with giving you insight on Maserati of Washington, but I am sure someone else from your neck of the woods will. Again, welcome and good luck! :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congrats on the new car!

FMoW is the best.

Who did you speak with there? There service is top notch, Willie Mack is the service adviser and will treat you right. Augie on the sales side is great to deal with.

Sorry you had issues, but do use them they are good. BTW, I am in Ashburn (Broadlands) too. I traded my 04 Maser CC for a F 575, I'll be on the lookout.

-dsd

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
OK, I took the plunge, dumped my SLK and found a beautiful used Spyder with all the options - Red! Mastering the transmission is taking some time but damn the car can MOVE! I have been reading your posts for several months and they have been a great source of information as well as entertainment. Yeah, I've had the car for a week and already been asked, "Who makes Maserati anyway?" and "Is it fast?" AND have been the object of at least two photo-ops (I'm over 50 so I don't think I was the object of the young lady's photo!)

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with Maserati of Washington DC? I exchanged e-mails with them when I was shopping for a car but they did not seem to be too interested in my business - and I ended up buying my car at the Aston Martin Dealer. The former owner traded down - what can I say? But I live near the Maserati dealer and it would be real convenient to have my car serviced there.

Save Ferris!

Cheers, Ollie
LOL! Love the Ferris reference. Welcome! Don't be too sure about the 50 thing.. I've done alright at 52... Miss Long Beach 1982 (and she was just a baby) ;)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Congrats on the new car!

FMoW is the best.

Willie Mack is the service adviser and will treat you right. Augie on the sales side is great to deal with.

+1 to that! FMoW is also the place where all the Ferrari Challenge cars/teams on the east coast get serviced, so you know your getting top-of-the-line parts and service. And Augie is the best guy I've ever met at a dealership, he once came out to our garage at like 10pm on a thursday to jump start our GS! You won't be disappointed :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for responses. Good to know about FMoW! Owning this car is a dream come true --- I love driving it! Though I am slightly worried about first bill for service. Car needs tires but will try to wait until the spring. Only thing odd about it is that the lug nuts are in pretty nasty shape. Anyone have experience with replacing them?

Save Ferris!
Shweng!
Ollie

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks for responses. Good to know about FMoW! Owning this car is a dream come true --- I love driving it! Though I am slightly worried about first bill for service. Car needs tires but will try to wait until the spring. Only thing odd about it is that the lug nuts are in pretty nasty shape. Anyone have experience with replacing them?

Save Ferris!
Shweng!
Ollie
I have rusty lug nuts replaced under warranty every time I go to the dealer.
It seems to be a common thing for the non chrome plated lug nuts.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maserati of Washington Rocks!!!

Hello, I just bought a 2004 Coupe from them, my salesperson was Amir Hadzimehmedovich (really long last name, he is from Bosnia). I can honestly say that he was amazing and the best car salesman I have ever met, I may even invite him over for diner one night. I will let you all know about the service side of things once I have used them.

Martin Thomas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts