Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got myself a 2002 CC and I enjoy every minute driving the beast. It has 38k miles with tons of records, new clutch and many other updates.
I appreciate all of you guys helping eachother and I will post whatever issues I will encounter owning such an incredible machine of art and soon I'll post pics.
The first thing I've encountered today was a dead battery, I believe somthing was left on so it drained since my last use so I had issues with opening the trunk manually.
Ferrari of Seattle said push down on the trunk lid without damaging it and rotate the key counterclockwise...wrooong. I did call the previous owner and he got it right...turn the key a little harder clockwise and lift the lid, it worked, jumpstart it and took it for a spin on I90. Everything seems to be fine now.
Locksmith was pretty skeptical of doing the job, some even refused to even come and take a look at it.
As a reference always leave the car in neutral in case you have to roll it out from a tight parking space, rolling dolleys need 3 ft of clearance on each side of the car to work and many tow companies won't even bother doing the job in a tight underground garage like mine where clearances are very limited.
I tough I'd share all this with all of you and thanks for every piece of info posted here, it helps a lot.
Does anyone have a repair manual for a 2002 cc? For a while there was one posted online in pdf format but I think was removed.
thanks again

·
Registered
340 Posts
Welcome to the board.

Hmmm, if the previous owner knew how to open the trunk to jumpstart the car then perhaps it means that a new battery is in order :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Glad to see another Maserati owner up here in the Northwest! Welcome!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To paradon

I see the answer of the previous owner as help, he was definetly well intended and sincere about any flaws my new car had and I'm very gratefull for any feedback from him or any of you guys here. I have many questions and I want to know everything about Maseratis but at this time I'm very busy due to spending too much time working.;).
I'm here to help and get help, I'm here to enjoy this forum and to whom I'm very thankfull.
"Gr8 success".
h.h.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts