I just picked up my 2002 Spyder after the dealer performed several updates, inluding the NIT. The NIT change updates the software driving the center console screen.
That update brings some new Nav and radio features - the one I like is the ability to turn NAV routing off (finally!). The actual Nav map display looks identical (I did not receive new disks as part of the update, so the maps themselves didn't change). I'll play around with the system next week to see if I can find any other new or changed features.
My dealer said there's an upcoming change to improve radio reception. It will be wiring change and takes 11 hours to complete. My guess is that the change requires the replacement of a major wiring harness. I'm not certain I'm going to have that update performed.
From memory, here's the list of updates applied by the dealer:
- New fuel lines
- NIT update as mentioned above
- Updated Cambiocorsa software
- Replaced clutch with 2004 spec unit (two-tang)
- Replaced AC control computer (fixes Battery Low problem)
- Steering column bolts recall
- Replaced valve covers and ground off post allowing cover to seal
There might be a couple more that I can't remember. Paperwork from the dealer is being sent my way next week, so I'll re-check the list then.