Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my 2004 Coup which loaded with every option. So far I 'm loving it. I test drove Porscha and BMW 645 but after sitting in the Maserati, I wrote a check for $5000 on a deposite and order my Coup. I 'll post some pictures.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congrats!!!

I hope to join you in a few months when my car comes in. I have and always will respect Porsche as a past owner, but the germans just don't have the passion inherent to italian cars. The Maserati engine is just fantastic, it loves to rev and the car's overall styling is underated.

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Phil
8)

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Anthony,

Congrats on your new car. I hope you enjoy it. Welcome to the site, we look forward to hearing the many stories you will have.

What color did you get?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Andrew,

My car is Alfieri grey with Chiaro interior and black piping and stitching. This combination looks great. Additional options I got are the followings: Hi-Fi stereo, red break calipers, CD changer, Heated front seats, GPS radio/Navigation, Skyhook suspension, Xenon front headlights. My wife was pushing me to get the Ferrari 360 Spyder but for my daily commute it was not practical. I also like the fact that I have functional back seats.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Sounds like a great package. Any plans to add some performance to the car? I think with a Tubi and Powerchip you could being getting numbers close to the 360 Spyder.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm told there is breaking period before putting a Tubi exhaust on the car. It seems it is going to cost between $2500-$3000 to install one. The car sounds so great already. It is music to my ears.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My dealer put on the Tubi as soon as car was backed off of truck so not sure about a break in period. If you like the sound now you will love it with a Tubi. I think my car sounds better than many Ferrari's I have heard

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am not trying to belittle the track capabilities of the Spyder/Coupe, but I think even with a chip and exhaust upgrade you'd be far from the performance of a 360, track-wise.

I just took out my 911 GT3 and '04 Spyder Cambiocorsa (with a Tubi), and on the track, the GT3 was head-and-shoulders faster than the Spyder. Then again, the Maser was pure joy driving to and from the track, whereas the GT3 tends to beat you up a bit on city streets. So in the end it is a trade-off.

If you're serious about tracking your Maserati, I'd recommend upgrading the brake pads and rotors; my Spyder seemed to encounter brake fade after 5 or 6 laps. Also, I'd consider lowering the suspension as some have suggested (1" in the front, 2" in the rear) as the car did exhibit noticeable body roll through hard cornering. I never felt unstable, mind you, but I do think that a little less roll would inspire more confidence on the track.

D.Min

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why do you need heated seats in Texas?

Or do we Limeys have the wrong view of the lone star states weather?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Anthony
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing