Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is John. I currently own a 01 BMW M3 Coupe and love the car very much, but am currently looking into upgrading to a 2002 Maserati Cambiocorsa Spyder F1. Do you guys have any advice for me on what to look out for? Is the car fairly reliable (daily driving wise)? What are some of the major services needed? Any little mechanical issues (ex. F1 system failing, top mechanism etc) Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Hi John,

Welcome to the site. My first suggestion would be to buy a slightly newer model if your pocket can afford it. This way you can at least have a short warranty for repairs.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would try for a 2003 at least. The 2002 to 2003 improvements were apparently pretty substantial:
- stiffer frame for less cowl shake
- improved clutch
- glass rear window instead of plexiglass
- not sure if the CC upgrades were able to be applied to the 2002, but they probably were. I think all the CC firmware upgrades work on all cars, except maybe the recent GS ones.
Mine is a daily driver, and as reliable as any other high end car I have owned.
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it seems to me the 03 and above years are much reliable and will still have a small amount of warranty left.

How is the clutch on the car? How long will it last and how much would it cost to replace it?

·
Registered
835 Posts
BLKM3 said:
How is the clutch on the car? How long will it last and how much would it cost to replace it?
Clutch wear varies... mike v posted a good write up:

http://www.maseratiforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=891

also the topic has been discussed in several threads previously. Cost varies as well, depending on where you are, dealerships in LA area will try to squize everything out of you whenever they a get a chance.

Up keep on these puppies are somewhat expensive, as most dealerships charge over 100USD an hour. 03 makes more sense than 02 tho 05 is even better :) :) :) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts